No backpack?

Millar007

Hi all - looking at gettin' Dirty as have always loved the TD's vs TK, but am strapped for time and money right now. Is it possible to get 501st approved with no Backpack (obviously there is the TD in ANH without the pack) and troop, and build the pack later if I am so inclined? How does not having a pack hinder "deployment" (to be honest, not even sure what that means!!!). 

Know about the physical conversions I need to make to the TK, and also will be looking into my BFG (T21) 

You do not need a pack for basic approval.  I got approved and took another 6 months to build mine.  You will need a pack if you want to go for level 2 and level 3 (depending on your chosen trooper).

So get your kit done and approved and then worry about it.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, LoveMonkey said:

You will need a pack if you want to go for level 2 and level 3 (depending on your chosen trooper).

Is Officer and SWAT (the Level 2 and 3 you reference I'm assuming)  the equivalent of EIB and CENTURION for TK's?

I was approved with no pack as well either. I ended up purchasing a Dirty Boy a few months after my approval and now I'm building another. I don't have a lot of money either so it's taken me a while to source things so don't worry about it. Just troop and have fun. 

On another side note, even though I have a pack and wear it on most troops, there are some I don't.  This last weekend was Salt Lake Comic Con, and I didn't wear it to avoid the large crowds bumping it and possibly damaging it.  So get approved and then worry about your pack.