First Time Build

simmonsbaretta

Hi everyone, for months now I have been working on my armor.

I started with an Anovos Kit, thrown away the Belt first thing, the canvas belt is by Trooperbay, the Ab buttons and belt ammo , and knee plate is from WTF.

The weathering on the armor isn't complete, and the weathering shown was just getting a feel for what I wanted, a combination of paint and fullers earth will be used, at the moment I've taken away most of the weathering pictured, waiting on the correct Mic tips, I have a ton to complete. I have ammo pouches but thinking they may not be correct I had purchased those on Trooperbay, can use the shoulder one,.6d731f3bd7858149eee88edeca51a0d5.jpg884c5cc1ae65b3fdc06a17dbe05e2b44.jpgeb135f57eeb2711c553462277622c968.jpgad6bdcda844b972c13e24448c932a4f7.jpg9307dc929e0384c22740c5222b26e22c.jpg58472a424d77f17b017e3cae2b2631fa.jpg01750773f40f624138093e09b80bf558.jpg720ea5f3fc3cc4ae3d6fa43066ecd411.jpg7cbda1b03869c8335152a1a7d57387b6.jpg77d78ec951b0a9323ec86f2a1685979e.jpg69171bf7c603fa76663dab49080801fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had thought maybe my guy had gotten into it with a krayt Dragon . Or a creature of sorts. I was actually at first gonna make my guy have a rusty look ta his armor. I had gotten so much negative response on Facebook over the look.
I'm not that good at weathering and honestly it was easier for me ta do it like that. I never plans on using a screen accurate look
I just wanted ta try and be different a little in the way of my armor.
And hope when finished be approved.
At this point I'm not sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good bro.

Weathering is a tricky thing. But there is no rule that pushes you into making a screen accurate look for approval. You can go any way you want... At least for 501t entry level... Here is what the CRL sets for weathering.

29.DIRT: Dirt, accomplished by a number of painting techniques. Most common & accurate being a multi-layer treatment of either tempera, or matte acrylic paint, followed by one or more layers of fuller’s earth. Other methods include, but are not limited to; Spray paint & sanding (usually multi-layered), application of sand or actual dirt in place of “Fuller’s earth” and other types of dust, charcoal, etc.

Now, for Police Officer, that is another story... for this level you would need:

appropriate weathering and does not contain excessive stylization

Finally,  for SWAT, you would definitely need a screen accurate weathering, replicated to resemblance as close as possible the patterns of a Screen Sandtrooper.

Weathering should be easily identifiable as the chosen trooper by comparison. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed.

Anyway, dont let anyone tell you what your Sandtrooper should look like to make you happy. If you want to be different among the different group, Go for it. Armor is supposed to make you happy, not everyone around you. So if that is the way you want to look, do it. 

If your dreams and likes brings you to PO or SWAT programs, well, go for it and rework your weathering. But neither is better than the others, or a must for you to enjoy being a Sandtrooper.

I think your armor looks great, impressive and unique. The weathering gives it a lot of character. And being a Sandtrooper is just that in a big part. So... pay no attention to haters. If you need any more advice or even an opinion to get you cleared by your GML, come here and look for help. Rick and Mike could drop a word or two for you over the GML forum, if weathering were the only thing keeping you from clearance.

Hope that helps...

Saludos...