spOOL68's TD Armor Build

spOOL68

Well I finally got to order my armor and it showed up! Just like Christmas in August:dance:

This is my first armor build and I'm going to swing for the fences. I'm planning on going for SWAT with a "Stop That Ship" trooper build.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-6368.jpg

I've gotten lots of references here on the MEPD so far and hope to get some feedback as I go along. Please feel free to chime in as I move along. <<<(See what I did there) lol!!!:duim:

So I'll start with the obligatory BBB shot...

IMG_2857.jpg

And then the unboxing...(I had a little help)

IMG_2861_1.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

I started with the helmet. Because that most fun right?!?!

Photo%20Aug%2011%2011%2053%2043%20PM.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Until the next update, thanks for looking. 

Roger

Hey Roger!

You are into something bid for sure bro!
Keep it going! And if you need any help or advice, just ask.

Your helmet is already looking good. And the pull looks awesome. WTF is great armor. Walt know his stuff!

Post pictures and keep us posted on your progress!!

sooner than later you will be posting your SWAT submission.

Saludos.

48 minutes ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

Hey Roger!

You are into something bid for sure bro!
Keep it going! And if you need any help or advice, just ask.

Your helmet is already looking good. And the pull looks awesome. WTF is great armor. Walt know his stuff!

Post pictures and keep us posted on your progress!!

sooner than later you will be posting your SWAT submission.

Saludos.

Thx! I'm super excited.:peace:

I'd rather just build 24/7 until it's done but I have that thing called work and stuff that I have to do. lol!!!

You're right Walt puts out a great kit. I really like it:) Yes I'll post tons of pics as I go along.:duim:

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I love Walt's kit. Wish I would have known and gotten his. You're off to a good start and glad to see you have chosen to go sandy! Plenty of source material for your trooper here. If you ever need help, just ask!

Thx! I sure will!:duim:

Not the best pics but I've got the painting pretty much done. Still need to do the lenses and put those in. I'll get some better pics later. I will say that I'm glad these are supposed to look hand painted. lol!!! I sure could use some painting practice is what I've found out. ;)

2016-08-19%2008.02.37.jpg

2016-08-19%2008.02.26.jpg

b3162c9d-4603-4054-b94c-df3aba89c8f7.jpg

4 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Separate! Unless you're doing a SE sandtrooper that's based on ROTJ armor. ANH TK/TDs have them separated. 

Ughhh. I was wondering since the belt hides that area if it would matter.:rolleyes:

I guess if I have to separate them I'll need to create the return edges to attach the brackets. Sounds scary...:unsure:

Still needs a chinstrap and weathering of course but bucket is close getting done I think. Not sure if the padding is thick enough. Still kinda loose. Hopefully the chinstrap will help.

2016-08-19%2022.27.58.jpg

2016-08-19%2022.27.48.jpg

2016-08-19%2022.20.11.jpg

2016-08-19%2022.19.17.jpg

2016-08-19%2022.21.31.jpg

I've seen some guys double up the center ACH pad. I use a construction hat liner. All my electronics kind of require it plus I find it much cooler as air circulates a bit easier. If I'm not mistaken, when you separate these pieces there should be a bit of material built in for the return. I don't have WTF but I cut a lot of the material off as I never intended to put in the original strapping method screws. I am going to attempt to use appoxie sculpt to recreate those returns. If I can't I'll be hitting up a vendor for new parts. 

2 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I've seen some guys double up the center ACH pad. I use a construction hat liner. All my electronics kind of require it plus I find it much cooler as air circulates a bit easier. If I'm not mistaken, when you separate these pieces there should be a bit of material built in for the return. I don't have WTF but I cut a lot of the material off as I never intended to put in the original strapping method screws. I am going to attempt to use appoxie sculpt to recreate those returns. If I can't I'll be hitting up a vendor for new parts. 

I think I've gotten it pretty much dialed in last night. I added the chinstrap and moved some pads around and I think it's pretty good now. I'll have to try wearing it for a more extended period of time to really see. If not the hard hat liner is my next option for sure. :duim:

Separated my kidney plate from my butt plate and made the return edge for strapping later. Needs some sanding and I need to recut the notches on the sides to the proper size. Not too bad. I might tweak it more.

2016-08-25%2008.12.10.jpg

2016-08-25%2008.14.17.jpg

2016-08-25%2008.11.57.jpg

2016-08-25%2008.11.46.jpg

• 3 weeks later...