Tape

Caomhanach

I noticed on the screen shots over in the SWAT program section that several troopers have tape around their ankles, presumably to keep the bottom of the shins together...

The guy at the back without pauldron...

ankle%20tape%201.jpg

Quite obvious here...

ankle%20tape%203.jpg

So this begs the question: If someone does that for a PO or SWAT application, would it be accepted or rejected?  I am asking as I know people have had issues keeping the pieces together, especially the ANOVOS kit, and this would be a great way of helping that issue...

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

Not only accepted but required for SWAT :)

Really?  Fascinating!  Curious: Do people do any weathering over the tape every time they put it on, or is it shiny white tape over weathered shins?

7 hours ago, Caomhanach said:

I have only been looking at PO and didn't see anything (here - http://www.mepd.net/crl/#MEPDRequirements)- but good to know..!  Is there a better list somewhere?

If you scroll futrher down that list you'll also find the SWAT requriements. However it lies in the nature of it that SWAT is not a "recipe" build like centurion over at FISD since you are emulating a specific trooper. This requires a lot of research and the thread in the SWAT program section aims at making the research a bit easier.

I don't  think I  needed it for my SWAT configuration, but now wear it on every troop. I feel it makes it more comfortable and secures my shins so the clamshell does not open. 

And I think it adds reality to the armor. 

I also wear the black gaffers tape under the pauldron, and lots of white gaffers tape to repair the cracks on the armor. Just like real on stage armor... I also added it to my TK armor, since it is supposed to be build "Prop Forgery" style... Been working on it for 4 years now and still need some more work. But someday.                    Anyway...

Got my white and black gaffer's tape from ebay. Real for film making!

If you can add it to your build, do it!!! I just makes it more authentic.

Saludos...