WIP of two TD´s ...

bigwam

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a thread in the fisd or here, where a people extend his Kidneyplate. I don´t find them ..

My first thought was, to bend the edge from the plate. But is it necessary? Is it possible to make the plate without the bend an the KP?

Here my first try of bend the edges:

img_1167.jpg

3 hours ago, bigwam said:

There was a thread in the fisd or here, where a people extend his Kidneyplate. I don´t find them ..

My first thought was, to bend the edge from the plate. But is it necessary? Is it possible to make the plate without the bend an the KP?

Here my first try of bend the edges:

You're on the right track.  I'd recommend removing the return edge on the kidney plate entirely, along the entire side edge (the edge that goes vertically up your side).  Then place the new shim flush against the new edge:

20160303173652-35d961a2-la.jpg

Tie the two plates together with another piece of plastic glued behind them.

20160319234843-1ff349cf-la.jpg

(ignore the clamps in the photo, that's just adding a reinforcement plate for the rivets to go through to add strength to the shim plate, since it was thinner than some other armor and that area can get a lot of stress)

20160606014718-c8aee0fd-la.jpg

Ok, here the first steps to extend the kidney plate. I do it like kman and glued a plate behind the shim plate. I bend the Shim plate a little bit, so it fits better. Thank you Paul on this way, for the extra ABS.

20160902_114921.jpg

img_1174.jpg

img_1175.jpg

Ok, yesterday, we glued some parts from the legs and arms. This morning, we do the first paintjob at the helmets (black).

Yesterday arrived the DLT-19 from spain. Thank you Pedro from the Spanish Garrison for the great work. I do some changes on it (paintjob, weathering, wire ..) and this is it now (the weathering in real looks better than on the pics):

dlt.jpg

dlt8.jpg

dlt7.jpg

dlt2.jpg

dlt6.jpg

dlt5.jpg

dlt4.jpg

dlt3.jpg

dlt1.jpg