Suggestion for Field Back Pack sub forum

Fraulein

Would it be possible if someone could create a breakdown thread in the Field Backpack forum, for the the different backpacks, similar to Pandatrooper's different TD breakdown threads in the Imperial Armor forum? 

Set it up with that nice layout?

I ask, because I have been going back and forth through several threads for research/information for a pack. And I know that book marking is just an easy way of finding what I need, but I imagine I am not the only person who has done this, and believe it would be a good resource for anyone who has plans to build a pack in the future. As well as those building for SWAT, it would be just a quicker way to access information. 

• 8 months later...
On ‎11‎-‎8‎-‎2016 at 7:20 AM, Strider said:

Yes, that would indeed be a nice addition :) I'm always happy to support with pictures and advice...

Get on with it then ;)

:salute:

4 minutes ago, dutchy said:

Get on with it then ;)

I'm not in the driver seat here, bro ;-)

If @Fraulein starts the topic and fills it with content I'm happy to chime in. I've already done the SWAT overview for the most frequent troopers, the backpack break-down topic, the backpack color topic...would be nice to see some other people starting some research threads as well for a change.

True, other people are free to start a topic like that.

And I know that you are quite busy already and I was just pulling your leg here ;)

@ Fraulein, if you need any help PM me and I'll be happy to lend you a hand with getting this started.

• Upvote 1

Dangit.
I don't know where to start. I dont even know how many different packs there are - I know there are at least three (without looking)
Would we include the R1 - or is that still being decided as to where the R1 trooper goes?
What about that touchy subject of SE trooper?
Do "we" have nice pics like the ones in PandaTroopers breakdowns?

2 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Dangit.
I don't know where to start. I dont even know how many different packs there are - I know there are at least three (without looking)
Would we include the R1 - or is that still being decided as to where the R1 trooper goes?
What about that touchy subject of SE trooper?
Do "we" have nice pics like the ones in PandaTroopers breakdowns?

The looksirdroids website has a breakdown of the 6 different packs used. For picture references I would reccommend starwarsscreencaps.com

Cheers

I'm for including the R1 and the SE pack. The SE troopers are a mess but they're canon and should be represented.

I'm good for info on the Roadblock Private pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, Strider said:

The looksirdroids website has a breakdown of the 6 different packs used. For picture references I would reccommend starwarsscreencaps.com

Cheers

Yah, see I wanted something nice and clean like Pandatrooper's pics. Not screen grabs.
Is there any information as to which SWAT members have which packs?
Would it be possible to have those members of SWAT, take photos of their packs, but make the pictures uniform. Much like the pictures required for PO. Left Right Top Bottom. Preferably against a backdrop of the same color.

11 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Yah, see I wanted something nice and clean like Pandatrooper's pics. Not screen grabs.
Is there any information as to which SWAT members have which packs?
Would it be possible to have those members of SWAT, take photos of their packs, but make the pictures uniform. Much like the pictures required for PO. Left Right Top Bottom. Preferably against a backdrop of the same color.

If we create such a thread we should only resort to original references not peoples' interpretations thereof. Particularly because most packs from past SWAT applications are now a bit outdated (mine included).

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:06 AM, Strider said:

If we create such a thread we should only resort to original references not peoples' interpretations thereof. Particularly because most packs from past SWAT applications are now a bit outdated (mine included).

Would it be possible to find those with more current approvals? By your reasoning - those people based their packs off of screengrabs. And if they were approved for SWAT, then that must mean that their packs are screen accurate no?

The reason for clear images of the pack is so there is minor guesswork. Looking at screen grabs, two different people can look at the same thing and say different opinions.
Most of us know that every pack is probably on a karrimore frame. They require seed trays. They require a toilet syphon. But then when you start to break down to the different packs, not many people (especially myself) know that the filter from whatever goes on pack whatever. Like a parts list ?

I just kind of wanted a pack thread - but similar to the layout of PandaTrooper's breakdown thread. So someone could see that there was more than pack three to build. And know the differences between them.