Nexous - ANOVOS TD

Nexous

Hello All!

My name is Daniel, I am a 501st member (TB 91728). I received my ANOVOS TK kit way back in January (or was it February?) and after trimming it and half-way assembling it decided that going ANH Stormtrooper wasn't for me, so I shelved the project... after seeing a few Southern California Sandtroopers decided I would put the kit to good use and convert it... With the help of my friend Taylor we've managed to get the kit pretty much assembled! I know there is still work to be done such as weathering and some other things, but we're close! I feel it. :)

What we have done conversion wise is...

• Replaced ANOVOS belt with Rob's belt, ordered it off-white to match future weathering
  • Replaced Helmet Decals with proper Sandtrooper ones (Trooperbay)
  • Installed Diamond Knee-Plate (Trooperbay)
  • Black Pauldron - Enlisted, (Trooperbay)
  • Replaced Shoulder Straps with Canvas Strips (Trooperbay)

Notable things that need to be done...

• Make the Three Button-Plate
  • Attach Pouches
  • Weather it!

13873129_10210397261273779_1519858391845

This is what we accomplished last build session, the thighs are currently sitting a little lower than should be due to them not really being properly held up, this will be remedied. Next session we're going to also be trimming down some return edges as a lot of it was pinching me...pretty much left all of the return edges (ouch!). If anything else jumps out that needs to be done... please feel free to let me know :)

Weathered it today! Never done it before, I sort of followed Panda's guide from YouTube from 6 Years ago, the weather is super dry in California and unfortunately following the timing resulted in a very-very heavy weather my first go :/ ... so I ran to the store and bought 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and cleaned it up a lot! 

Some things of note...
- Butt plate in this photo is a bit loose, mostly my fault, I suited up by myself at 10PM so the belt came undone.
- I got rid of the drop boxes on the belt from my last photo because as someone pointed out to me that's a no-no on the CRL!
- I need to attach the side pouch still
- Using a four button plate until I can get a friend to trade me my TK Knee Plate for a Three Button Plate, CRL says Four is okay...? Correct me if wrong.

tumblr_ob7vql2pe41vnlw1to1_1280.jpg

48 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Contact Walt's Trooper Factory or even email Trooperbay and see if Mike has some on hand. You can add an extra snap toward the inside edge of the butt plate and kidney to keep it from flaring out. 

Good idea! I checked Trooperbay's site and saw nothing, but I'll try to reach out personally instead... if not I hear WTF is pretty easy to deal with :) 

I'll look into maybe some additional "butt support"

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Yeah even though he doesn't have it on the site he may offer it since he does make the MTK armor. 

A local guy is offering me a trade for my regular ANOVOS TK Knee Cap, will see if I can do that first since that'd be the cheapest and quickest way :) ... I'll definitely reach out as a back-up

BUT, just as a sanity check... is Four-Button technically OKAY for basic? I'll switch to Three-Button when it's available, but for the moment if that's the only thing holding me back I will just take submission photos and try my luck

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I believe so but it depends on how strict your GML is. I'd at least cut it down to 3 buttons. Use E6000 so you can easily remove it! 

True that :) I have friends offering to help me out so not terribly worried about getting one soon-ish... but I really am excited to submit this. I'll take your suggestion though and cut it down before submitting. I used "goop", essentially E6000 for the button plate because it was gonna get changed out