Armor assembly gathering?

Guest Paul Johnson

Guest Paul Johnson

This is the first armor I have ever constructed (Anovos) and I'm in need of experienced troops to help me.  I have a studio of my own, and I like to get a gathering of people who know what they're doing.  When responding, simply provide a list of materials that I should obtain, and any text that I should print.  Thank you very much, and any participation would be greatly appreciated.

Have you contacted your local garrison? Having people closer to you is a big help, because you can Facebook or text them for help, or they might even get together and hold an "armor party". Plus, they might have all the tools you will need.

Tools to start the project : I would recommend a set of aviation shears' different grits of sandpaper going up to 1000 grit emery cloth ( use that one with water and you get a super smooth finish on the edges.)

a pair of lexan scissors - available from a hobby shop. These get used after you do the rough cutting.

Painters tape.

Trigger and spring clamps

heavy duty magnets

Pop rivet gun

poprivets - I can't recall what size 

off the top of my head that is what I thought of

edit - cigarette lighter to seal edges on webbing or elastic after you have cut them. 

And above all - read build threads and any info at least three times before setting shears to plastic. And ask questions. 

This thread on the FISD forum is a great walkthrough of building the Anovos TK kit.  It doesn't cover the TD left knee, weathering, etc., but all of that can be found here it seems. :yes:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

I'm just starting my TD conversion myself from my Anovos kit.  Good Luck!

1 hour ago, Caligari said:

This thread on the FISD forum is a great walkthrough of building the Anovos TK kit.  It doesn't cover the TD left knee, weathering, etc., but all of that can be found here it seems. :yes:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

I'm just starting my TD conversion myself from my Anovos kit.  Good Luck!

I would agree with this thread, ukswrath is a very skilled armor builder.  I followed his guide on my AM kit and had no problems.

As others have said, following ukswrath (Tonys) threads are very beneficial. dont for get to ask questions.. There is no such thing as a bad question when it come to building armor..

Good luck on the build trooper. :yes: