P.O. Requirement for radio

Fraulein

Just so I am clear on this. I had originally intended to use an old shortwave radio (one of my parts donors) for the radio. 

Looking at the crl - it appears that it has to be the sonix design. 

Is this correct? 

You know, 'cause I'm trying to accomplish that "back pack on a budget build" and well it is turning out to be not possible. 

thanks.

Looking at the 501st Legion CRL, for Level 1 certification you are allowed to have a more "loose" interpretation for the backpack.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper

The model shows one of my vacuum formed faceplates and cistern valves (they were tremendously difficult to build!)

TD_sandtrooper_full.jpg

Level 2 certification does not allow vacuum formed radio faceplates.

For the MEPD Police Officer requirements, I don't see anything specific that it must be a Sonix style radio.

And also this page:

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

However, the most recent Police Officer applicants have the Sonix style radio on their backpack. Fortunately, the shapes of the faceplate are pretty simple to create a radio from scratch using either plastic or craft foam.

Checkout this scratch built backpack thread, featuring a custom built radio:

Charlie

I guess my confusion is because those two CRL reference pages have conflicting information.

As you said the 501st page does not have anything that says it should be specific to the Sonix style, but it has an image.

But, on the MEPD CRL page it says "Strict screen accuracy is required! "  

For level 1 you don't need a backpack at all. The requirements for level 2 and 3 on the 501st page are not conflicting just more refined on our MEPD page. 

And yes, you'll need something that resembles the Sonix on your backpack. But give it a try and build one yourself! If you do a WIP we can all support you.

Cheers

On July 19, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Strider said:

And yes, you'll need something that resembles the Sonix on your backpack

Thanks. Perhaps when someone has time, while updating the CRL, this could be made more clear, or make them match.

I agree that the 501st, CRL, and even here, that the verbage and definitions for all levels of requirement should be mirrored. Yes, it' s not hard to do homework and figure out whats what, but making things super clear avoids this type of confusion. It wouldn't hurt to update these photos as so many changes have been discovered and made since then. 

• 2 months later...