Rogue One Stormtrooper Backpack Parts Identification

Strider

Although they're no Sandtroopers by any means I still thought it would be fun to identify the parts they've used for the backpack.

Below are the bckpack pictures I've taken at the celebration. So far I have identified the frame and the backpack used.  The frame is a vintage Haglöfs swedish military rucksack and the lower part of the sack seems to be from a large US ALICE pack. The antenna looks pretty much custom made. What I haven't figured out yet is the pretty dominant jet pack kind of thing attached on the back.

Any other ideas on this? Let's hear it :)

13708387_10154355822952767_9158864515732103882_o.jpg

20160715_130652_resized.jpg

$_57.JPG

$_517.JPG

$_2257.JPG

9113vtaoQKL._SL1500_.jpg

91+XB+8pxbL._SL1500_.jpg

Muffin tin. - You know I got have my muffins.

JK - the base looks like these smaller plastic shipping pallets, like the kind for sodas or garden plants.

ill go see if I can find an image of one. 

If there was a side view of the back pack, it might be easier to figure out what the stacked ring parts are.  Could maybe be plastic shipping pallet as well. 

4 minutes ago, Fraulein said:

Muffin tin. - You know I got have my muffins.

JK - the base looks like these smaller plastic shipping pallets, like the kind for sodas.

ill go see if I can find an image of one. 

If there was a side view of the back pack, it might be easier to figure out what the stacked ring parts are.  Could maybe be plastic shipping pallet as well. 

Here you go...20160715_130615_HDR.jpg

Sorry for the rotated pic.

I think the rotated pic makes it better to look at. Because whatever it is might be oriented in a way that someone might recognize.

It looks like two pieces. The base and the muffin tin.  I still think it might be a plastic shipping tray of some sort. 

When end I first saw it in the trailer is thought "Stereo speakers. Cause you know you gotta have your jams when out killing rebels and such." 

On 19.07.2016 at 9:41 AM, Strider said:

Wow, niesamowite znaleźć SID!

@Diane: Podobało swoje pierwsze przypuszczenie o cyny eklery jak również ;-)

Thanks.I try to remain helpful.

Great thread!

What are everyone's thoughts on something like this for the top pack?  The length matches up almost exactly with the dimensions of the box (30cm+40cm+30cm): http://www.ebay.com/itm/172018066338

As for the metal piece hanging from the strap, I've done lots of random searching but haven't made much progress.  Anyone have any ideas on that

That is spot on an American Alice pack. Before we switched to the MOLLE, everyone was issued these. I distinctly remember jumping out of C-130s and doing numerous road marches with this. Very easy to obtain and practically any military surplus store. The hardest part is getting the "muffin pan" since that website in located in Germany. 

29 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

That is spot on an American Alice pack. Before we switched to the MOLLE, everyone was issued these. I distinctly remember jumping out of C-130s and doing numerous road marches with this. Very easy to obtain and practically any military surplus store. The hardest part is getting the "muffin pan" since that website in located in Germany. 

Try looking for a "Norwegian Military Waterproof Airtight Storage Box"...

Ok..... So here is the firs ever "Rogue One" backpack :D Missing only the metal part on strap, but I'm workin on it.

Just finished it.

IMAG0160_zpsfmlv98gl.jpg

IMAG0161_zpsov28p0xj.jpg

IMAG0162_zpswb7ecxmn.jpg

IMAG0163_zpszp3tjzwr.jpg

IMAG0164_zpsyl0uj0ug.jpg

IMAG0165_zpsh1hlxihu.jpg

My work's done here. Moving along :D

All I can help is this:

http://www.us-army-military-shop.de/Boxes/ammo-Plastic-box-30-x-40-x-19::6906.html?XTCsid=50dtapfam71mj0341ta2g0pgk0

http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=6290825797

Materials used:

- Norwegian army grenade case    (linked)

- Swedish army M75 backpack frame    (linked)

- ALICE LC1 bag, size Large

- ALICE LC1 straps

- Austrian army soft cover for the upper rolled part (to be replaced if I'll find better one)

- Some straps

- Car flexible antenna 78cm, with some cable

Whole pack weights around 4-5 kilos.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome! Looking great! 

We've been researching parts for the pack since Celebration London and have a lot of info up on the Parts of Star Wars facebook page. Here's a link to our album specific to it: Rogue One Stormtrooper Backpack

We have a supply of  some of those real metal hooks already and will be posting "antenna" info  soon.... :)

Chris

AML-Hook.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. We will eventually post a build thread here when we get time however if you want to follow us identifying parts, building and weathering the R1 field pack then you can find our build thread at these links.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39073-celebration-europe-2016-rogue-one-stormtrooper-back-pack-build/

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=267925&p=4094620#post4094620

https://www.facebook.com/rogueonetkbackpack/

IMG_2566_zpsircnhwav.jpg