New Forum Software

DarthAloha

Holleeee that sucked.

I think its sorted now. Please everyone double check to ensure everyone who is SWAT and PO have the proper badges.

I had to go in and run a few SQL queries in the database to make this happen. Things with custom profile fields changed radically between versions of the forum. It all changed for the better but the old ways super broke when I upgraded. (this is going to suck ass when I upgrade FISD).

I'm happy to update the image one new ones are created. 

-Eric

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Gordonator said:

John, just a humble suggestion, Can you make the SWAT icon to be the same length and height like the rest of icons. As you can see the current one we used to have is too short in length and too tall in height.

A consistent length and height for all the icons will look great. :D

Will do! 

Eric,

Thanks for the link to this conversation; I wasn't aware of it and was merely relying on our private emails. I'll send you another regarding our last exchange, just wanted to say thanks for including me on this string brother. 

21 minutes ago, Todd said:

I can also do any Photoshop work that needs done if your 'go2guy' is busy or gets overwhelmed. I currently do member trading cards for Dune Sea Garrison. 

Cool cool dude, I'll let you know, I should be able to get them done today or tomorrow. I'll post some concepts for everyone to look at. If I can't get to them for some reason I'll let you know thanks!

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, DarthAloha said:

Hi all.

On the blank page when not logged in... I had no idea the upgrade removed all guest access to the forums. I reenabled guest read only on all the forums that a guest could see  previously, except the archive of old posts. Let me know if it looks ok. 

Did I miss anything?

-Eric

HAH! So I wasn't imagining it. Thank you for fixing that.:duim:
Regarding the "view more content" issue.  I wont mark the forum as read. I'll give it a few days to let the forum fill with posts. Then I'll click the "view more content" and see what I get.
I'll let you know if that is working or not.

19 hours ago, Gordonator said:

The only one missing now is the "501st Member" icon

Who is eligible for this "501st Member" icon?

Here are a few preliminary ideas I had for replacing the rank images. I wanted to keep it somewhat simple since It will be so small in the end. Images and logos don't tend to work well at this size. I am working on some more design directions, let me know If there is another one I should add.

cfvRVla.png

3 minutes ago, Gordonator said:

Looks great John! I am not sure about military ranks but is the one for Command Staff /Administrator higher rank than the one for SWAT?

Thanks! Yea I wasn't quite sure how to approach that, I think I have it where SWAT is the highest rank 

Sounds great!

@DarthAloha: I've tried to move the posts about the rank badges to a separate thread but it only allows me to select a section not individual threads. Any ideas how to make this work?

One other point about the rank badges: Would it be possible to move the number of posts to the bottom?

Also when I tried to delete the new thread I got this error message:

MEPD.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Strider,

I am not sure how to move number of posts to the bottom, or if I can. I'll look into it. It's likely in the theme code itself which I'm wary to change. 

Can you tell me more about what you're trying to move? I don't follow at all. You want to move some posts from somewhere to elsewhere but you can't? Please be specific about what threads you mean and which posts you're trying to move... more importantly what you're clicking on when that causes an error.

-Eric

2 hours ago, DarthAloha said:

Strider,

I am not sure how to move number of posts to the bottom, or if I can. I'll look into it. It's likely in the theme code itself which I'm wary to change. 

Can you tell me more about what you're trying to move? I don't follow at all. You want to move some posts from somewhere to elsewhere but you can't? Please be specific about what threads you mean and which posts you're trying to move... more importantly what you're clicking on when that causes an error.

-Eric

Yes, you are right, I should have been more specific :)

This is re trying to move some posts:

I first started another thread in the MEDP Feedback section under N

I checked a number of boxes of individual posts on this thread here

Then I went to the bottom of the page and clicked "Moderation Actions" and "Move"

There it stopped because it only allowed me to select sections but no threads within that section.

The other issue seems to be fixed now. I just deleted my original thread with the title "N

If everyone is cool with these I can send you the live files and PNGs. Here are the PNGs I uploaded elsewhere. Also, I added a weathered look to them, since you know, things tend to get dirty around here. Also I can re-size them for you so they match the existing badge sizes if needed.

RO2mYvu.png

1PNeEkc.png

wN7Mv9y.png

Tb6b4zn.png

7JyM4je.png

h0w2yg8.png

BG1mgas.png

If the new DL approves it in a few hours please do make them roughly the same size as the existing ones...  or even slightly bigger. Toss them somewhere for me to download and I'll replace the images on the server :)

-Eric

2 hours ago, Gordonator said:

Eric, are you able to move the post count counter down below. Looks weird to be right there in the center. B)

snap.jpg

Gordo: I mentioned it in a previous post in this thread but I don't see an easy way to do that. I would have to go into the code of the skin and I'm a little wary of doing so. I need to see what happens to that change when we upgrade this skin.

The deal is that the swat and Po badges are custom profile fields where the titles are a regular profile field and this skin has them delineated by post cont. It totally looks weird.  

Stand by :)

-Eric