New Forum Software

DarthAloha

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎19‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 1:25 AM, Caomhanach said:

Any update on getting the signatures back?

Sadly I haven't heard anything about that, but I know our tech team is working hard to get all these small hick ups out of our system..

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I've got a copy of the old forum running to try and figure out how to add all the broken stuff in people's profile posts. Hopefully that will be sorted soon.

I just enabled signatures. I think anyone with forum admin rights could have done that. I'm sorry it was disabled for some reason. I don't know why. 

On the blank page when not logged in... I had no idea the upgrade removed all guest access to the forums. I reenabled guest read only on all the forums that a guest could see  previously, except the archive of old posts. Let me know if it looks ok. 

Did I miss anything?

Each of you is welcome to email me if I do not respond here. The number of forum alerts and PMs I get these days is a bit overwhelming. Additionally my phone number is posted in the command staff area. Anyone with access to that area is welcome to text/iMessage me any time of day any day of the week 24/7. 

Aaand I just did a forum software update. Again... let me know if something is AFU.

-Eric

16 minutes ago, Gordonator said:

Thanks Eirc! Great to see signatures back! :D

There's another minor thing that require your attention once you finished the more urgent tasks, is to have the Police Officer, SWAT Officer and 501st member tab back. Not a critical issue but I frequently look at a member's profile to determine if he's a Police Officer or SWAT Officer or just a regular member when they buy merchandises from me.

Gordo... are you talking about these two?

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 6.34.50 AM.png

There's a members tab but not a 501st members tab I think?

-Eric

2 hours ago, DarthAloha said:

Hi all.

I've got a copy of the old forum running to try and figure out how to add all the broken stuff in people's profile posts. Hopefully that will be sorted soon.

I just enabled signatures. I think anyone with forum admin rights could have done that. I'm sorry it was disabled for some reason. I don't know why. 

On the blank page when not logged in... I had no idea the upgrade removed all guest access to the forums. I reenabled guest read only on all the forums that a guest could see  previously, except the archive of old posts. Let me know if it looks ok. 

Did I miss anything?

Each of you is welcome to email me if I do not respond here. The number of forum alerts and PMs I get these days is a bit overwhelming. Additionally my phone number is posted in the command staff area. Anyone with access to that area is welcome to text/iMessage me any time of day any day of the week 24/7. 

Aaand I just did a forum software update. Again... let me know if something is AFU.

-Eric

Great, thx a bunch Eric! Any idea why our rank badges below our profile pic don't show?

Heh well its not a bug exactly... but a forum skin design problem. I promise it's in the works.

As I mentioned vaguely in the other post... I've got the old version of the forum running to sort out how Bluey inserted those images. Todd has been given admin access to find all that stuff in the old forum's skin. 

Hopefully he can figure it out because it is not an area of my expertise.

-Eric

Ok. I think I know what is going on now. I was TOTALLY wrong to what the issue was. All these months I had my head up my shiny white plastic butt. I apologize for taking so long to figure this out.  For now I removed the broken image links. 

There are two things....

First is that for everyone to get their SWAT badge again we'll need to go to everyone's profile in the admin control and reenable it. The same for police officers. That super sucks. I'll need the DOs help with sharing the load on this when we're ready to do it.

Second is that I cannot find the "deployed" icon anywhere. I asked Ricky if he remembers who made them.

In the mean time I have these two icons:

y.png

and

swat.png

I'll get back to this tomorrow. 

With apologies,

-Eric

15 minutes ago, DarthAloha said:

If only there was a member of MEPD (henselmonster) who had those skillz!

-Eric

12 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I was hinting at the same person hahahaha

why are my ears ringing all of a sudden.....

I'm on it.

4 hours ago, DarthAloha said:

Ok. I think I know what is going on now. I was TOTALLY wrong to what the issue was. All these months I had my head up my shiny white plastic butt. I apologize for taking so long to figure this out.  For now I removed the broken image links. 

There are two things....

First is that for everyone to get their SWAT badge again we'll need to go to everyone's profile in the admin control and reenable it. The same for police officers. That super sucks. I'll need the DOs help with sharing the load on this when we're ready to do it.

Second is that I cannot find the "deployed" icon anywhere. I asked Ricky if he remembers who made them.

In the mean time I have these two icons:

y.png

and

swat.png

I'll get back to this tomorrow. 

With apologies,

-Eric

While I'm not command staff in any way, I'd be willing to help get those badges reactivated.

4 hours ago, Gordonator said:

Hi Eric, these are the tabs I am talking about. Sorry if I got you confused with the clickable tabs to navigate to the SWAT and Police Officer pages.

Btw there's is no "deployed" icon. All deployed Police Officer uses the Police Officer icon.

The only one missing now is the "501st Member" icon

Oooooh! I get it now. I'm also sorry for the confusion. I am with you now. 

The 501st member icons seem to be working. That is tied to the forum group you're in (members, admin, sandtrooper, 501st menber) whereas the swat and PO icons are just extra profile information. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 4.28.39 AM.png

I'll be working on this today.

-Eric