A few SWAT questions

Parkerfresh

Hi, I'm currently looking at a few vintage karrimor type backpack frames on eBay... There seems to be size variations and I can't find much info regarding the dimensions of the frames that are acceptable for SWAT? I figured if its too high, I could cut it down to size? Are there particular shoulder straps that I need to look at getting or avoiding?

Also, what is the policy on painting a TD helmet interior black? I think I remember reading that it was OK for SWAT as it was a interior mod, but then so is frown mesh and that is not accepted...?

I would very grateful if somebody could help me out or point me in the right direction

Cheers in advance, Kev

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you're going SWAT, that's as movie accurate as you can go. Yes, no one will be able to see it but you, but really there's no need to paint the inside unless you have a long neck and people can see inside your bucket when you bend down and what not. My pauldron and everything else pretty much butt up against my helmet and leaves no room for people to see inside from below. I use the mesh behind the teeth now but when I eventually go for SWAT I will remove it as they didn't use it in the movie for our characters.

Thanks for the response :)

It's not necessarily about the "need" to do it. There are rules in place for swat which I intend to follow, but if I can paint the interior black and pad it out how I like then its a bit of a plus! I can't really take any other artistic licence when going for swat, even the weathering has to be in line with what's on screen. I'm thinking the black interior will also help with people being able to see in through the eyes and frown. I'll be making frown mesh removable as I know its not screen accurate, but I think it looks better with it in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk