Aren't you a little chunky for a stormtrooper?

ronnyjodes

Let's get this out of the way, I'm carrying a little extra weight. It's all cool though, I make up for it with my glittering personality. I've been building costumes for a while now but the stuff I've done up to now kinda hides the fact that, despite having fairly average arms, legs and chest for a guy 5'11'' tall, I'm rocking a bit of a beer gut and love handles. I basically look like Seth Rogan. It's a curse.

I've wanted to get sandtrooper armour for years but I've been put off because it looks fairly tight and restrictive around the gut region. Because of this I've stuck with my Tusken and Biker Scout. What I want to know is if there's anyone out there that's built similarly that has made a set of armour that ended up looking good and was comfy to wear and also if there are any tips in the build process. Pictures of finished armour would also be appreciated so I can get an idea of how the finished product would look. Failing that I might go down the TIE pilot route but I know I'd much rather go sandy.

You have a few options armor wise for bigger guys. AM2.0 and RT-MOD. AM is relatively short wait whereas RT-MOD does one run a year and I believe sign ups are going on right now. Even the newly updated AP armor has longer kidney armor to accommodate extra space if needed.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11377-where-to-buy-armor/#entry141730

Jon,

Welcome to the sandbox, most of us do have a bit of a gut. AM 2.0 & RTMod are great options for this.

Right now AP armor is offering over sized ab and kidney plates (Fits 42 inch waist no shimming needed) but the rest of the armor does tend to run quite small. Max chest size for AP would be 40-44 inches. max thigh width at top 22-24 inches, don't be fooled into thinking it will fit us husky guys with out a lot of work..

I currently have AP armor (most of it), but have since replaced the chest, back and shoulders with RTMod as im quite large in the chest area. (49+ inches), i also had to shim the thigh armor by 3.5 inches to make them fit me. The ab plate was great i took almost 5 inches out of it.

AM2.0 and RTMod are far bigger in all other aspects.. If i was to do it again, i would buy AM2.0 or RTMod kit from the start as they are designed to fit us larger troopers.

If you haven't done so, start looking at builds & deployment submissions on here (Officer Deployment & Swat) and FISD (EIB and Centurion) there are a lot of plus sized troopers running the suggested armor AM2.0 and RTMod.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Being in the UK, have you contacted TM ? Im not sure if Pauls armor will accept the belly :6: Same with RS, not too sure about fitment. AM2.0 & RTMod do ship to the UK..

Im not familiar with DA

Chris

I am 5'11" and am a big fellow (about 230). Just finished and approved my TD with the 501st (not MEPD PD yet, still waiting on a Hopper Pack, which he has kindly been working on since March, can't wait!). I bought the Anovos kit and felt like I looked goofy in it, so I went with AM 2.0. That kit was much better. Not only was it bigger and a great fit, it was also pre trimmed (which saved a ton of time). It is made of substantially thicker material, which makes the Anovos armor look like paper.

Here are my photos (not saying I look great, but I feel well enough about it as a bigger dude):

https://goo.gl/photos/trbYKgCsgXv1hfWv6

Also, if it helps, I found this thread by Navajo Bro to be invaluable for an AM kit:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32531-navajo-bros-am-20-stunt-build/

The contact for an AM 2.0 kit is: troopergear@gmail.com

Hope that helps, and good luck!