Workable or not?

Sac

This is a bit embarrassing for my first post but I'm hoping I can get an opinion that might save me doing a heap of work for nothing.

I bought this last year from a friend of one our local guys. It's apparently an FX recast. I realise that straight up I'd need to either do a heap of modification to the abdominal plate or more likely just get a whole new one.

So I suppose my question is, is this stuff workable at all as a TD or would I have to do so much work to it that I'd just be better off buying a new set? (I realise the FX helmets aren't approvable anymore but I don't have a helmet yet anyway).

If the other parts of the armour are ok, is getting a new ab plate to match going to be an issue (aside from colour matching)?

Or have I got myself a lot of expensive shimming and bogging material?

(Let me know if you need more detailed pictures and I'll pull it out of the box again).

Thanks

1435986981.212289.jpg

1435987000.088776.jpg

1435987014.262657.jpg

FX armor can be heavily modified and make 501st approval but if you have an opportunity to get armor from a reputable vendor, I would recommend you go that route instead. If your friend is a 501st member, they should have warned you before you dropped money on that armor.

Making FX base level acceptable (501st) is going to require a ton of work (ab, cod, butt, kidney & chest modifications, removing overlap on every piece to allow for cover strip building). Helmet will need to be replaced on top of that.. as stated by Jason above buying armor from a reputable vendor (Vetted) is the best option

Here is the Link to the FISD list of current vetted manufactures of armor.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/