Please Read: MEPD, 501st and Other stuff....

DirtyBoy

Hey troops some information has surfaced recently and I just want to remind everyone that official 501st and MEPD logos, designs or likeness can not be used in conjunction with ANY other sources. Strict guidelines are put in place by the legion and we must follow them. Once an MEPD or 501st logo is placed on an item it becomes official legion property and permission to use must be approved in writing from the legion.

For example: if you want to produce trading cards, they are all legion/Mepd or not. You can't use the legion/Mepd format and take personal liberties/logos with the design.

For anything Sandtrooper....there's the MEPD....no other source for official 501st association. Hope that clears up any confusion.

Copy that Chief!

We are one of the greatest detachments of the 501st( in my opinion the best) and we are proud of that. Let's keep it that way and keep setting examples of how things are done the right way.

:salute:

What did I miss?
Could you be more specific? Did someone tweek the MEPD badge/logo and slap their name on it?

Just so I understand correctly, because this is something I have been working on for a while - If I was going to have someone do a run of 25 MEPD badge stickers (I'd go higher, but I don't have that kind of bank), for my own personal use to give to kids or to incoming TDs in our garrison. There would be no change in the design, it is the established design. Can I still do that?
​

As long as there is no change in design you would be fine.

If you were to slap the MEPD logo on a "Frauleins Skate Shop" and made a run of them, you'd be in violation of legion rules. Disney/LFL grants us permission to use Star Wars stuff as long as there is no financial gain or self promotion. Tricky stuff that they could pull the plug on at any time.

As long as there is no change in design you would be fine.

If you were to slap the MEPD logo on a "Frauleins Skate Shop" and made a run of them, you'd be in violation of legion rules. Disney/LFL grants us permission to use Star Wars stuff as long as there is no financial gain or self promotion. Tricky stuff that they could pull the plug on at any time.

Thanks. That was what I figured. I have seen some stuff on Etsy and reported it.

Yes, I'm that person who scrolls through Etsy looking for intellectual property theft.

Thanks. That was what I figured. I have seen some stuff on Etsy and reported it.

Yes, I'm that person who scrolls through Etsy looking for intellectual property theft.

Enforcing Imperial regulations like a good Sandtrooper should. ;)