Converting!

TriumphTrooper8

Hola! My name is Mike........I am a buildaholic! Yes I just admitted it! Here I am 1.5 years and a TK, TS, TB and a TFA TK later! I have a TK that has been tweeked and tuned for over a year and a half. After watching the Blue Ray DVD and trooping I realize that no matter the armor your told these are not the driods your looking for! That all is cute but I feel wierd playing along all nice white and shiny! With all this said I had parts for a TD conversion but guys in the garrison wanted to build HW TKs so they went to them. I have the TD diamond plate still and misc parts to get started with a 3 pack of fullers earth. The plan is to build the move along TD. One other reason.......I have only seen one TD in my troops. We have a huge influx of new Anovos and RS kits too! Here is my list so far:

-MP40 packs (1) shoulder & (2) on the belt
-Diamond sniper plate
-Fullers Earth for weathering
-Remove shoulder bridges and use cloth straps in place of the elastic webbing/strapping
-remove ab buttons
-paint over the vertical lines on the helmet traps
-fix the brow line
-back pack
-weather the armor and E-11
-remove the TD
-sell white pauldron and get an orange one

Anything else?

-Remove drop boxes & holster! ;)

IMG_4029_zpstj7cnefz.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the sandbox! Glad to have you.

As far as your list:

1. The white pauldron is acceptable. It doesn't have to be orange as there were white ones in the movie.

2. A backpack is not required for basic TD approval. If you want deployed or SWAT, then you'll need one. You can troop as a TD while you work on your pack.

3. Don't forget, TDs do not have drop boxes or a holster. So remove those as well.

4. Depending on how far you want to take this, you might reconsider changing out the 4 button strip for a 3 button one. The higher certifications require a 3 button strip.

Good luck and let us know how we can help.

• 3 weeks later...

I got all the parts as a majority:

Back pack from Crashman

Orange pauldron from Trooper1

Pouches from Blaster8266

Soon the manifold/toilet part from Gordonator

I have a set of the fullers earth and actually found Tunisian Sand acrylic paint and brush brown from a hobby store for painting dessert camouflage model kits from north Africa.

Do the ab button that need to be three anyone have a good picture so I can see about their arrangement......

Hey Bro. Welcome to the MEPD.

One thing to comsider is you dont need cloth shoulder straps. But simple white elastic ones, as the ones used under the plastic bridges on the TKs...

Keep us oosted on your progress... And ask as many questions as you need...

Saludos.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has happened! I unpacked the TK for the last time. I laid everything out on m temporary work bench.

FullSizeRender%20-%207_zpszbqoi0p7.jpg

I removed the shoulder bridges, white 1/4" elastic that holds the bridges down, drop boxes, holster, TD, sniper plate and then ground off the ab button cover.

IMG_5598_zpsopvhyh7n.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsiujdg3ph.jpg

IMG_5600_zpsnxs0ibpr.jpg

Remove the paint on the left side button strip.

Put the diamond plate on.

Remove the stripes on the helmet traps.

Move the brow trim up and more curved "move along" look!

Swap out the white elastic shoulder straps for the cloth ones.

Then weather away!

Well did some messing around with weathering on some spare parts. Not too happy unless I use the acrylics but I need to get a lighter tan/sand, light gray and a light brown and that should do it.

IMG_5640_zpsk1624n8o.jpg

This looks better but need the corrects shades

IMG_5637_zpsnjfgvutx.jpg

Got the diamond sniper plate installed!

IMG_5635_zpscvukqplq.jpgAnd all the paint off the ab buttons!

IMG_5636_zpsk93h4t8m.jpg

I do have the Fullers Earth and after I do the Acryic try it out with the hair spray method to add texture.

The most important thing to do is do a little at a time and layer it up. One piece would be covered in paint and after rubbing it off, hardly would be there but keep at it and you'll start to see it take shape. I'm going back and doing some maintenance on my armor and weathering improvements this weekend.