Splinter5 TD Build Attempt

SkaTay

Hello fellow troopers! A friend of mine gave me an ABS Stormtrooper costume which he had displayed on a mannequin next to a sunny window. Long story short, it's got some serious yellowing on areas of the armor. It's destiny is to become a Sandtrooper to cover up the yellowing. Besides, Sandies look way cooler than those shiny TK's. I stripped off all the old Velcro and cleaned up the gooey stuff it left behind.

The costume needs some major love and I'm reaching out to the professionals to see if it's 501st worthy. I'm not sure of the maker as there is no mention in the instruction book. Can anyone figure out the maker based on the attached pics? Here are some other concerns:

1. The belt is solid ABS (no leather around the back) and permanently attached to the 'abdominal plate' by screws. The back of the solid ABS belt wraps around the rear and fastens by Velcro. What say the TD's to this setup?

2. Buttons on ab plate need to go but what do I fill holes with?

3. Can anyone breakdown the required helmet changes needed? (new lenses, new tear decals, blue lines, etc.)

4. The black forehead strip is that squishy insulation strip one installs around exterior doors. Is that normal?

4. What's the best solution for installing a hard hat liner?

5. Kindey and butt plate are one piece. Is that OK?

6. Calf and thigh armor corners don't line up properly. File it down?

WOW! That was a lot. I'm well versed in the ways of TIE Fighter but lacking on TK/TD builds What say the pros to my inherited armor?

Thanks in advance.

-Scott

I helped a friend convert his FX kit. Helmet had to go all together. I cut out the 5-button area on the ab plate and scratch made a new one. I dremmeled off the the four buttons and used snap backs to create 3-button area.

Thanks for the info. Do you like the Anovos helmets? What's your opinion about the funky belt on this old FX kit? Junk it also and get a new one with an actual pleather strap in back?

I build FX as a project for my game room and I think I use it ones at hallowe'en but then I discovered 501st all the tutorial and realized I had just a hallowe'en piece and nothing more. So I sold it to someone else for there game room for 1300$ and got myself ATA works armor and helmet and this is what I ware now as my 501st approved uniform. FX it is too much work it is best to start new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk