SWAT

DirtyBoy

Good Day Brothers And Sisters Of The MEPD....

This goes out as a quick reminder that the SWAT program is the top accreditation for the Sandtrooper costume. We have spent years working out the program to not only reflect

what you see on screen but to also make it attainable for troopers. What the SWAT requirements are, reflect the minimums to achieve the programs badge of honor. If you set out

to replicate every detail of what was done on screen 40 years ago, wed love to see it. The program has no limits.....as long as you achieve the already super strict minimum requirements

you will achieve SWAT status.

I look at it like this.....Navy Seals or comparable Special Ops units go through an insane amount of training to become the best they can be....Working hard with what they've learned and never giving up.

However, there will always be a slight difference from one to another.....some will be stronger, faster, be able to hold their breath longer etc etc....But in the end, they are all incredible and respected as the best.

We are the best.

Love to you all....

Rick "Dirty Boy" Bates

Aye man brother. im glad to be here and maybe the first Canadian "SWAT" Sandtrooper. Fingers are crossed on my applicatlion, just waiting on the review..

Well said Rick,

The SWAT accreditation is achievable through the many years of hard work and dedication put in by the MEPD members, the sharing of this information and the continual striving for excellence makes the MEPD a true Brother/Sisterhood of which I am proud to belong!

The future of the MEPD is an exciting place to be with the experienced and the innovative, committed Command staff to guide the Brotherhood upwards and onwards.

Also a big shout out to all my Brothers and Sisters of the MEPD, you are ace :thumbsup:

Proud to belong!

SWAT%20003_zpssxxqfpg8.jpg

I am working hard at achieving this.

Is there any way we can get some more photos to go along with the CRL? It is a huge help when I see pictures with a circle and an arrow pointing out a specific requirement.

One of the best things you can do preparing for SWAT is to study the approved swat applications and pay close attention to comments. Watching A New Hope hundreds of times in 4K helps, :yes: I have for the last 4 months...

We will see if all that has paid off on my recent SWAT application :whistling:

I am working hard at achieving this.

Is there any way we can get some more photos to go along with the CRL? It is a huge help when I see pictures with a circle and an arrow pointing out a specific requirement.

We're actually working on something like this. Rick (DB) has recently released a little teaser on our FB page ;-)

For the time being I would suggest checking out Swat applications for the trooper you would like to emulate which usually contain a lot of pictures and other details.

Cheers

What I'd like to see would be a clear mention of which trooper is being emulated in the approval thread titles. That way its easy to quickly search for others who have attempted and completed a particular impression.

Totally agree guys. Our challenge is having the time and manpower to catalog and update the threads. Plus we don't want to make it too easy....some of the best discoveries have come from troopers sifting through their own research....back in the old days we had 5 reference photos lol

Totally agree guys. Our challenge is having the time and manpower to catalog and update the threads. Plus we don't want to make it too easy....some of the best discoveries have come from troopers sifting through their own research....back in the old days we had 5 reference photos lol

I absolutely agree and understand about the level of ease. My worry is that is can be frustrating when there is a level of preciseness attached and the requirements are at times vague. That by itself is fine but when you consider the sheer cost and difficulty acquiring some of these items. That is a level that might keep a some out. However, if that is a filter you want in place then by all means it is no longer a problem.

Perhaps as long as the big crucial stuff that can't be fixed are clearly explained visually then everything else is fine. The only thing I am still unclear on to this day is what exactly makes something a Bapty. I guess I would just like something a bit more clear, especially when you can sink a ton of cash into something like a hengstler counter or a M38 scope. That's the only thing that makes me hesitant.

This 'as a swat prospect' is exactly what I wanted to hear. I have spent a lot of money, time away from kids, my wife, to take the time to examine and study and build what I will be submitting for swat. This is the ultimate endorsement / accreditation and badge of honor that I strive to achieve with my armour as it's classed and indorsed with 501st accredited armourers / deployment officer and the command staff of the MEPD. In my opinion the MEPD swat program is the only canon badge for screen accuracy that I wish to achieve and with the guidance of the MEPD I hope to be successful.

Well said Boss!!

And thank you for the discussions! It is really important for me, as your DO and as a member of the CS, what other troopers thinking

about a program or our work.

Thank you guys....the MEPD is a great place :-)

Cheers,

Felix

If we could identify the variant used for the application easier to figure out, other than opening each thread and going "Nope, not the trooper I was looking for."; that would be a great upgrade. To clarify, I do not think it should be so simple as a "click me for trooper type x" search, but some way to perhaps do a filtered search by those that are SWAT deployed by the TD being emulated would be a good launching point for those of us researching a build.

If we could identify the variant used for the application easier to figure out, other than opening each thread and going "Nope, not the trooper I was looking for."; that would be a great upgrade. To clarify, I do not think it should be so simple as a "click me for trooper type x" search, but some way to perhaps do a filtered search by those that are SWAT deployed by the TD being emulated would be a good launching point for those of us researching a build.

Actually, it would be great if it were *that* easy. Especially since 75% of the SWAT impressions are "Road block captain" it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack.