Armour Cracks/Sanding paint

redking1

Hey folks!

So i hope to finally get my application going for the 501st/UKG this month/next. And one of the last few problems i have is Armour damage.

So sadly i got a few armour cracks from trooping/traveling and not being able to find a suitable place to keep my armour (Getting a Mannquinn soon for display/Organisation)

I have tried a few things,Like putting E6000 on a white bit from an old shirt,and gluing it down,The crack wouldent stay flush.

I have also tried putting a spare bit of ABS on the back and yet again woulden't stay flush.

I have considered just using the white bit from an old shirt again as some back support,And use Bondo to fill the cracks and sand it down.

But i haven't found anyone who has done that idea yet,I was wondering if anyone can help me about this?

Crack on the lower cod piece is the most damaged,There are a few cracks on the under of my helmet/cheek but this is how it looks.

http://postimg.org/image/gdps9fuwx/

And my last question i hope to get some unwanted paint marks off (the acrlyic sorta created these "lines" from my stupidity with the paint and bring a quick rush job,Which i now know never rush anything with the armour) But if anyone has used a simple electric sander on the armour to get rid of acrylic paint,If it would be okay to use it on the armour?

Thanks.

Rue~

For the lines, you'll want to use a high grit sandpaper and wet sand them off. Think 1000 grit and higher. For the cracks, you take some of your scrap abs and cut into small pieces and put them in a class jar that you have a lid for. Top it with acetone and let it sit overnight. The next day mix it with a wooden craft stick and apply it. Let it dry for 24 hours and sand it smooth.

For the lines, you'll want to use a high grit sandpaper and wet sand them off. Think 1000 grit and higher. For the cracks, you take some of your scrap abs and cut into small pieces and put them in a class jar that you have a lid for. Top it with acetone and let it sit overnight. The next day mix it with a wooden craft stick and apply it. Let it dry for 24 hours and sand it smooth.

I have heard of this "slurry" before but haven't actually looked into it until i found a youtube vid about it,Pretty sure it will work for the cracks! Thanks a ton,And i'll try the sandpaper and wetsand. Never again will i rush anything with my kit lol. Thanks a ton :)

if you can find some fiberglass mesh tape from a hobby shop - it wouldn't hurt to use it as a backing to give something the "slurry" can grip to.

I did something similar on an old helmet where a split had formed.

for smaller things, like button sized or greeblie sized, I keep an acrylic nail powder kit, superglue and styrofoam packing material around.

if you can find some fiberglass mesh tape from a hobby shop - it wouldn't hurt to use it as a backing to give something the "slurry" can grip to.

I did something similar on an old helmet where a split had formed.

for smaller things, like button sized or greeblie sized, I keep an acrylic nail powder kit, superglue and styrofoam packing material around.

Thanks man :) Deffo getting some on order.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on the cracks. So i have a little bit of slrruy where and i just went ahed and put down some fiberglass tape and started filling up the crack. I'm just working on the worst one at the moemnt to see how it go's. And so far so good,It's drying up nicely.Currently waiting for it to dry enough to put on a second coat.

http://postimg.org/image/nts8z3tv5/e2c87abc/