Jason10012's AM 2.0 Build WIP

jason10012

Hello everyone, I've recently been recruited by LoveMonkey to come play in the sand, hes persistent let me tell you haha and I've been working on an AM kit on the FISD boards with the intent of making a shiny white TK,

Here is the link to my build thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36798-jason10012s-am-20-build-thread/

But after some consideration, and after spotting at a few events with Kirk, and a few TK's, it wasn't a tough decision to want to come and get dirty and stand out from the sea of white. There were a few other considerations I made before I fully committed to the idea of getting dirty as well but I know I'm making the right choice and its something I will be very happy with as I continue my journey to join the 501st.

In my build I have been building towards centurion level and now that I'm switching I still plan on reaching the highest level I can, S.W.A.T although it might take a little while longer to achieve its still my goal. From the research I've been doing on the CRL and here on MEPD there seems to be little difference between Centurion and SWAT with regards to certain details like the ab and kidney rivets and male snap on the ab piece but I've seen reference to a rivet detail on the center ab button location and I'm not quite sure about the other button location and the 3 or 4 painted buttons so if someone could clarify that I would be very appreciative.

After spending some time looking over the different TD variations and knowing I will have to pick one to emulate in order to reach SWAT I have decided on doing "Sergeant docking bay 94 V2". I chose this one because again it is different from any other TD in our garrison and any potential future TD's to come.

I will do my best to keep my build updated here as well at least until I reach the critical point of weathering my armor and my pack build at which point I will move my thread completely over to MEPD

Welcome to MEPD! I see you are also on whitearmor.net. There is a wealth of information there and here so study build threads and learn about the various types of packs and accessories we use. Update your profile over here and setup an avatar so you're not a ghost!

Welcome to MEPD! I see you are also on whitearmor.net. There is a wealth of information there and here so study build threads and learn about the various types of packs and accessories we use. Update your profile over here and setup an avatar so you're not a ghost!

Profile updated :) and thank you, its about time I'm posting to you where I need too haha. I've been reading build threads on whitearmor for months now, even while I've been working on my own build which has helped tremendously when something comes up because I already know at least one solution. I've been reading for about a week over here and already decided on which TD to copy and LoveMonkey has already sent me links to the trooper1 ongoing sales thread for pauldrons as well as the vetted seller for the pouches over here. The pack builds do scare me a little just because of the accuracy required to reach SWAT but I have time to study and work on the pack after I get my basic approval

I posted this on white armor as well but i want to ask my fellow brothers on MEPD too.

While trying to fit my thigh armor and shin on my left leg I'm finding that the diamond plate is biting/rubbing my knee cap. I've already used 4 spacers to hold it off my shin and i'm unsure if I would be ok to add more or if I should pry it off and just place it lower down onto my shin. I've only used E6000 to build my armor.

20160510_205710_zpsnd10bqty.jpg

20160510_205656_zps0i4lhpx9.jpg

20160510_210022_zpsiyznmweh.jpg

Hey bro... Just went though all your thread over the FISD and have to day, you did the right thing going sandy!!! Welcome bro... LOL.

About the knee plate, just put some more spacers to make it more angled towards the front. As long as it doesnt look weird, you sre good to go. This is a common issue for mamy troopers, so, dont worry much about making it too proyected to the front. Just make it work for you.

Saludos

Hey bro... Just went though all your thread over the FISD and have to day, you did the right thing going sandy!!! Welcome bro... LOL. About the knee plate, just put some more spacers to make it more angled towards the front. As long as it doesnt look weird, you sre good to go. This is a common issue for mamy troopers, so, dont worry much about making it too proyected to the front. Just make it work for you. Saludos

OK I was hoping it was just going to be something simple but at this point it's better to ask those with more expertise.

Thanks it was a very easy decision to come play in the sand. We have a ton of tks in our garrison with more coming and I didn't want to just be another white bucket haha.

One thing bro. Make it angled, not just prominent to the front. Meaning that the bottom of tmhe diamond, the little triangle should be touching the shin, and ghe top, projected to the front.

That way, the top will be far from the bottom pf the thigh.

Its not a very difficult mod, just need to remove and glue again, with some plastic added.

Hope that makes sense.

Saludos

One thing bro. Make it angled, not just prominent to the front. Meaning that the bottom of tmhe diamond, the little triangle should be touching the shin, and ghe top, projected to the front. That way, the top will be far from the bottom pf the thigh. Its not a very difficult mod, just need to remove and glue again, with some plastic added. Hope that makes sense. Saludos

Makes perfect sense. I'll make the modifications tomorrow

I ended up having to add 2 more spacers to get it off my knee cap. I taped the whole thing together and put it on to make sure.

I did get some high density foam from work just for that reason airborne. Not sure if I'll actually need any but it was free and it's better to have it on hand

OK another quick question I'm hoping you guys can answer.

For the "sergeant docking bay 96 V2" which belt is he wearing? I've looked at swat and movie clip pictures and I cant figure out if hes wearing the belt with the 3 square indents or if the one with the dimples. The AM kit comes with both and my canvas belt will be here tomorrow and I'd prefer to assemble them once so if I ever attempt SWAT I wont have to change it.

Is this elastic suitable for PO and SWAT level?

Currently I have nylon for the chest to back connection but I know I need to change it to elastic. The CRL says for level two "shoulders straps shall be white elastic waistband material"

I just want to make sure this is correct so I dont have to change it again later on.

20160518_191026_zpszqbsmczj.jpg

Here's an update for everyone here on MEPD. The pauldron was borrowed and so was the shoulder pouch I'm still hoping mine will ship soon and I still need to do my weathering so this will be the last clean picture of me in my armor :)

20160521_101632_zps0l2yih5w.jpg

20160521_101703_zps456musoc.jpg

20160521_101647_zpsdahvxopa.jpg

20160521_101654_zpswxoouazm.jpg