TD and pint sized Rex and Shadow Guard builds (WsIP)

pdieken

I haven't really gotten any farther on my TD than looking through all the bits and pieces that came in my big brown box and kind of test fitting them to get an idea on how much trimming I am going to need to do. I was also finding myself getting very frustrated that the helmet pieces didn't seem to be fitting very well together at all. But I think I may have figured out what it was I was doing wrong there...we'll find out this weekend when I have more time to work on it.

I realize that the WIP's on the costumes for my nephews would be more properly placed in other forums but i'm going to do it here anyway.

At this point I haven't dome much but make some modifications on the 3d models for the back and chest plates for the Shadow Guard...its not a very good match to TFU but its close enough for him. He isn't overly concerned about accuracy he just thinks it looks cool...lol...that's all that matters to him.

The Rex how ever is moving along pretty well and it will be a pretty reasonable reproduction of the look from the Clone Wars cartoon. I have almost all of the pieces for the left arm printed and ready for primary assembly...I'll probably throw a pic or two up of that here in a few days. For the nephew that's getting the Rex accuracy does matter...lol...so maybe he'll make a good TD some day...lol

The helmet for my TD is still giving me fits...nothing seems to want to go together right. The dome and back are finally mostly together but the face plate is being extremely argumentative. Having much better luck with the trimming of everything else though...so at least something is going well.

As far as the pint sized Shadow Guard and Rex...still no progress on the Shadow Guard but the Rex is moving along nicely I have most of the parts for the arms done so just about ready to move to primary assembly on those.

The gap on the ears is def too large and the brow seems to move upwards at the sides. If you could post pics from the side would help. Also you might want to use photobucket and use the 'insert as picture' copy option.

Cheers

What vendor did you buy your armor from? Post here if you need some help. Also, check out whitearmor.net and look at some of the ANH build threads.

EDIT: Saw in the other thread you have AM. There are quite a few AM2.0 guys here and lots of AM2.0 build threads at whitearmor.net as well. Those helmets are 3 pieces whereas a lot of others are two. They are a bit trickier from my understanding.

Yea its an AM.

The dome isn't glued on yet so that would be why the brow is off. And your right the AM is quite a bit thicker than others i have seen. I'll tell you what it put up one heck of a fight to get it put together to that stage...lol. Now that i look at it yeah the front gap on the ears are insanely big. I'm very much considering getting a different helmet all together but want to get this one as close to good enough as I can and keep it as a spare.

I also got one of the forearms done. Initially i trimmed too much off of it so had to glue some of it back on...thank goodness for razor knives. I was able to match pieces back up near seamlessly and once i apply a bit of gap filler and sand it down and repaint it you probably wont even know its there. i'll post a pic or two of that one after i clean it up a bit since the zap-a-gap got a way from me a bit...lol

And i'll look into photo bucket