TK to TD conversion. WIP

XoreX

Hi all,

Well the deed is done. My old TK is going to become my "new" TD. No turning back now :)

here is a color example I am going for. (on the hand plate)

What I did:

-first I took a scuff pad to "dull" the white out, then I used some burnt umber for the dark parts and finished off with true ocher

By using the ocher it softens the burnt umber and the ocher gives it a "sandy" look (anyway to my eye) :)

I went with Pandatrooper's tutorial and adapted the colors I liked. (thanks for a GREAT tutorial, sir)

Later all

post-5339-0-62095700-1461374911_thumb.jp

Hey all

future TD-1235 here.

Here is a look at some of the parts with the burnt umber applied.

First we have the legs, left and right with a couple of different views.

Let me know your thoughts on those.

thanks

post-5339-0-13840200-1461375989_thumb.jp

post-5339-0-28723800-1461375990_thumb.jp

post-5339-0-27800900-1461375991_thumb.jp

I think you are allowed to use the overlap method...no where in the sandtrooper crl does it say that it must be butt joint method, for any level Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

I do believe this is correct for basic 501st approval. For MEPD deployment and SWAT, i would say that the overlap method build is not acceptable.

Jean-Sebastien, weathering is looking like your on a great start. I also went the acrylic way for weathering.

May i suggest use a damp cloth, mix some burnt umber and a black together, apply it to the damp cloth and dab the armor pieces lightly. This will help to dull the armor (still too white), thats what i did as a base coat on all the pieces before the detail work, with the lighter browns.