Original strapping screws question

I know 2015 passed the new CRL of having the original strapping screws visible but doesn't have to be practical.

My question is do we need to have all 36 screws? I have read some reviews of guys obtaining PO status where they only needed to add it to the chest and ab section. The reason why I ask is I have little to no return edge left on my kidney and butt plate making it very difficult and ugly to put screws here. I would hate to have to reach out to my armor vendor and ask for replacement parts if its not necessary.

For PO (MEPD Deployment) only in chest and ab is required.

Swat may be a different story, I would assume they need to be there on the back pieces, but i have seen several get Swat status with out the back emulation and just the front. May be dependant on the character your replicating for swat..

Im in the same boat as you with the kidney, back and butt armor, almost no return edges for comfort..

Put the screws through the face of the armour if you do not have any or little return edge to fix the brackets to. This is very common on the movie suits.

I saw that on some screen used suits. It almost looks like they used rivets judging by the looks from the inside. I think for now I'll just do the chest and ab.

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Fraulein said:

BUMP

Is it ok to use self ejecting springs for the brackets?

They look like this - and I must have a dozen or so of them.
mKZyfeEONKL0OhnRRyLINYg.jpg

From a deployment perspective, yes. They do look pretty narrow though.

1 minute ago, Strider said:

From a deployment perspective, yes. They do look pretty narrow though.

Thanks. I have them in different lengths and sizes. I thought they might work because they are a little slimmer/lower profile. 

On July 22, 2016 at 11:57 AM, troopermaster said:

You need three longer brackets for the chest to overlap the abdomen. I personally would get the proper brackets from Mr. No Stripes or fabricate your own.

Thanks. I'm just trying to use stuff I already may have or is readily available. 

1 hour ago, Caomhanach said:

Do we know the screw/head diameter?

Just decorative or actually for the wire hoops?

For decorative, I ordered these, which are the size that Mr No Stripes uses on his kit except shorter, since they're not going through hoops:

3mm A2 Stainless Steel Slotted Countersunk Machine Screws Bolts M3 X 6

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3RGQOS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1