*** TUNISIA '76 ACCREDITATION SCHEME ***

Lozzer86

My only thing is I think all of us, especially the higher ups, needs to get better at recruiting some boring TK's to get dirty.

Maybe if we offer to assist in a TK build - " whoops sorry about that mark with the sand paper. I can fix that. You just need to order you a new knee plate, ab button, and let's get you a pauldron."

As I posted on the similar thread:

As Juan has already stated, Tunisia 76 is not officially part of the MEPD/501st. The creators are 501st members but are not armourers or staff so please just bare this in mind if you decide you wish to participate in their programme alongside the mepd PO/SWAT programmes.

I posted in the similar thread as well.

I have to chime in on this as well.

Juan and Smally have said it all.

This isn't an extra program of the MEPD but a fan based initiative, which doesn't mean that they don't take it very seriously.

I'm looking forward to what this will bring the MEPD and the sandtrooper community as a whole.

Hi guys.

I've read all the posts here and wow...I'm confused..

I'm an MEPD po starting a swat app very soon. I was of the understanding that the MEPD swat program was the highest 501st accreditation for screen accuracy and armour building inclusive of packs and blasters. Now there is another group being advertised on here claiming to the contrary.

Can I ask is there a wip process for T76 and who are the 501ST accredited armourers please. As there must be some to oversee and validate builds otherwise clearly its a matter of individual opinion of persons claiming to be an authority on what is and what is not canon when this process is already in place.

It seems very confusing.

Thanks for reading

Lee,

Thank you for your comments.

As has been explained here earlier this is not being endorsed by the 501st or the MEPD and so terms like "armourer" and "wip" are not things we need to use. We spoke with the staff of the MEPD prior to launch to get the OK to do some plugging here amongst Sandtroopers of the 501st legion for any willing members who anted to go through our process and so far it has been very sucessful.

You are more than welcome to come along to our Facebook page and see for yourself, or ask to be allowed access to our members group where you can submit your armour against our standards.

Regards

5xucqq.jpg

Apologies.... I've obviously missed a few comments as I've been reading.

So it's not a 501st accreditation. So the T76 members who give an accreditation must have a valid accreditation themselves linked to the 501ST or lucas film to possibly be in a position to be able to say they are the most accurate sandtroopers in costuming. Which is a quote from the open Facebook page.

I think as much as it sounds like an interesting challenge i think that again it sounds like individuals have gathered in a room and have decided themselves what is classed as canon.

I for one will be striving for what I know is in keeping with the 501ST for screen accuracy with the swat program.

I wish the T76 all the best in there aspirations.

Lee,

As Nick has stated, the T76 group and accreditation are not part of the 501st at all. They are an independent group with similar interests than those of the MEPD. And somehow, we share some history. But it is now very well stated who is who.

We, over the CS of the MEPD decided to allow the T76 group to promote their page and idea in this post cause we feel there is no conflict or opposed interests.

Anyway, we must remember that the only levels approved by the 501st CRL are legion level, PO and SWAT.

But, the T76 does strive for a different kinds of accuracy and that is what they reward. As members, you are encouraged to go all the way you feel, either it being basic, PO or SWAT.

And even try T76 if you feel like it, just knowing and understanding what it is about and what that reward means.

As a growing community, the MEPD is here to help you out have the best experience in your journey to being the best Sandtrooper you can, and of course, that you want.

Hope this helps making this more clear.

Saludos.

To me it is clear from the level of confusion that this spin-off group is generating that the MEPD should just sever the link. I share Lee's sentiments that this group really adds nothing to the community and merely muddies the waters. I wish them luck but I for one will not be seeking their dubious approval on the accuracy of my armour, my pack, or my blaster.

To me it is clear from the level of confusion that this spin-off group is generating that the MEPD should just sever the link. I share Lee's sentiments that this group really adds nothing to the community and merely muddies the waters. I wish them luck but I for one will not be seeking their dubious approval on the accuracy of my armour, my pack, or my blaster.

Hey Joel, how are you bro.

Just wanted to drop a line here... about this whole issue.

There are pros and cos that have been brought to our attention here. Rest assure, we are working to make this work for all of our members, in benefit of the MEPD community.

You are of course entitled of your opinion bro. And it is your prerogative to either join and follow the MEPD, the T76 group, or both. We want you to have the best experience on this community, forum and site. And we wont interfere if one or all members chose to accept the invitation from any external group.

But, in that same stance, other people are entitled of their own opinion, and if they choose to persue the T76 reward scheme, they should be able to do it, without any judgment from other members.

What no one is allowed to and will not be allowed is flaming, or attacking other members.

Concepts as "dubious approval", is a personal assessment. And even if you are allowed and entitled to express your opinion, I really want to make it clear that attacking other members is not allowed in this forum. Please keep it constructive and friendly.

I don't see a reason for a warning or modding out any comments here, but this is a warning for everybody to keep it constructive.

Respect for other members is one of the keystones of this community. It doesnt matter if the other member is a newbie, an oldtimer, or is running another fan page. Respect, welcoming attitude and brotherhood is what makes the MEPD so different and special.

Saludos.

Hey Joel, how are you bro.

Just wanted to drop a line here... about this whole issue.

There are pros and cos that have been brought to our attention here. Rest assure, we are working to make this work for all of our members, in benefit of the MEPD community.

You are of course entitled of your opinion bro. And it is your prerogative to either join and follow the MEPD, the T76 group, or both. We want you to have the best experience on this community, forum and site. And we wont interfere if one or all members chose to accept the invitation from any external group.

But, in that same stance, other people are entitled of their own opinion, and if they choose to persue the T76 reward scheme, they should be able to do it, without any judgment from other members.

What no one is allowed to and will not be allowed is flaming, or attacking other members.

Concepts as "dubious approval", is a personal understanding. And even if you are allowed and entitled to express your opinion, I really want to make it clear that attacking other members is not allowed in this forum. Please keep it constructive and friendly.

I don't see a reason for a warning or modding out any comments here, but this is a warning for everybody to keep it constructive.

Respect for other members is one of the keystones of this community. It doesnt matter if the other member is a newbie, an oldtimer, or is running another fan page. Respect, welcoming attitude and brotherhood is what makes the MEPD so different and special.

Saludos.

Just would like to re-iterate what Juan has been saying; whilst the CS has made clear the status of Tunisia76, mutual respect for one another and supporting our fellow troopers are the cornerstones of the MEPD.

Everybody is entiteld to his opinion but please keep it constructive and respectful.

Cheers