*** TUNISIA '76 ACCREDITATION SCHEME ***

Lozzer86

n71f8j.jpg

*** LAUNCHING ON MAY 4th ****

Brothers and Sisters of the MEPD,

We have been working very hard behind the scenes to develop an amazing accreditation scheme, aimed at achieving the ultimate accuracy for Sand Troopers in the areas of Armour, Field Packs and Weaponry.

Tunisia '76 has been created by existing SWAT members of the international Sand Trooper community, to assist new members towards attaining the Tunisia '76 Tactical Recognition Flash (TRF).

We know that there is a desire for troopers to become the ultimate screen accurate (canon) Sandtrooper, based on the 1976 Starwars 'A New Hope' from the original trilogy. So we have pulled together our resources, references, builds and intricate backlog of information to put together this amazing accreditation.

The Tunisia '76 Members Only FaceBook Page and associated tutorials have been carefully constructed to allow you a friendly, clean and professional place to share your progress while you work towards the individual sections and ultimate accreditation.

Unlike other related social media, we are heavily moderated and constantly monitored to ensure that you get the best experience from your engagement with us. We guarantee your integrity with our network of helpful and professional, individually assigned Instructors.

So what is the Tunisia 76' accreditation ?

It's simple really.

We absolutely want you to be the best ANH Sandtrooper you can be, with your Armour, Weapons and Field Pack.

We have set a minimum standard of accuracy across all of these areas which can be achieved once all of the criteria have been evidenced and approved.

While we are happy to help newcomers to our hobby with their costume builds, we stipulate that anyone looking to achieve the Tunisia 76' accreditation must be at least certified as an active PO with the MEPD (Our MER - Minimum Entry Requirement).

Access to Tunisia '76 is open to EVERYONE. You can use our references, detailed photographs, links to exact parts and detailed tutorials to help you towards each section. But you will only be able to progress towards your accreditation (and be assigned a personal Instructor), once the minimum entry requirements have been met.

​We even have a dedicated store coming soon, to purchase specific related items that are extremely hard to find !

We are not an alternative for MEPD SWAT accreditation. You can still work towards that if you desire and we have made sure that our standards do not conflict with those criteria already set by our brothers in the MEPD.

Our award system is available internationally and can be successfully achieved by anyone that satisfies the criteria.

You can choose to progress towards one, two or all three sections at any time.

Only once all three sections have been completed, will you qualify for the full Tunisia '76 Accreditation.

By successfully achieving the Tunisia '76 accreditation for your Sandtrooper, you will be one of the most accurate representations the costuming community has to offer.

We are here to support you, help you through the build processes with step by step assistance in an effort to help you become one of us.

This is how you will progress through the scheme....

2dciu1g.png

Want to be a part of the Tunisia '76 ?

Send us a message to be added to our Members Only FaceBook Group from May 4th, and get access to an amazing selection of reference material and detailed tutorials.

Or click here to access our FaceBook portal > https://www.facebook.com/Tunisia-76-1744626149157726/

Looking forward to seeing you there !

.... THE TUNISIA '76 TEAM

Really amazing to get this published. This is going to be a hugely big deal I feel. Not only are we recognising the hard work that you guys put into your props and costumes, but we are also here to support you on your journey, and as Lee says, we will be opening a shop to buy some booty and hard to find parts, all of which will be supplied to the standards for the awards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm maybe a bit unclear on this.
Am I right in thinking that this is sort of a "Centurion" program for us? Where SWAT is replicating a screen specific trooper the Tunisia '76 program would be a certification of the accuracy of all of our individual components as SUPER ACCURATE, but allow us to not replicate an "as seen on screen" trooper?

Do I have the right of this?

:td:

That is correct :)

Tunisia '76 is all about the accuracy and construction of your Weapons, Armour and Fieldpack.

It does not affect anyone's SWAT application, as they can choose that route too if they wish ;)

m8gw84.jpg

Yep, that's the beauty of what we are creating, you don't need to do it all in one chunk. Work on. And submit one piece at a time, either your blaster, your pack, or your armour, and get accredited if you meet the standards. All will become clear on May 4th.

5xucqq.jpg

I'm maybe a bit unclear on this.

Am I right in thinking that this is sort of a "Centurion" program for us? Where SWAT is replicating a screen specific trooper the Tunisia '76 program would be a certification of the accuracy of all of our individual components as SUPER ACCURATE, but allow us to not replicate an "as seen on screen" trooper?

Do I have the right of this?

:td:

Just to make some issues clear, copying this from my own post on another thread.

-------

Just want to clarify that the Tunisia 76 and acrditation are not official part of the 501st or the MEPD. So, the acrditation is not an official level 4 on the CRL.

However, foundimg members of the group are alsso mebers of our community andthe 501st Legion.

We, over the MEPD, should consider this new community as a new, optional and extra way to go further with our builds and hobby for anyone willing to do it, outside the MEPD or 501st.

This facebook page and community shares a lot of their ideals and interests with the MEPD, and of course, share members. It is just not the same thing.

I think of this as a sort of the expandend universe of this hobby and this community. Where many other sites, groups and communities share and exist simply to provide a wider and broader horizon for us, sandtrooper armor enthusiasts.

We can embrace it just as we have embraced other sites and communities under a big idea where being a sandtrooper, and being open and welcoming is what bring us together.

Lets share our work, ideas and enthusiasm over here, as well as we can do it over there and anywhere.

There is room for all... And we are all together here or there.

We are Sandtroopers from the MEPD, and we welcome new challenges just as we welcome new ideas and members in what is slowly starting to bcome an extended sandtrooper community in an extended sandpit.

Lets keep on sharing this hobby, this comunity and the passion of being the best sandtroopers we can be.

Saludos

Juan

Thanks Juan for posting....as always we are on the same page. The Tunasia 76 is a stand alone unit in the lines of what any other non 501st club would be. They will have their own guidelines and are not to be confused with what we are doing here. Troop on brothers and sisters.

Thanks Rick that's right we thank MEPD for allowing us to spread the word here about what we are doing however we are not part p the MEPD in terms of our standards.

Just one (or two;-) ) question to the Tunisia 76 founders: why didn't you contacted the MEPD command staff and discuss a partnership or an Extension of the MEPD CRLs/rules?

Why did you found a "parallel" Group without any preliminary discussions with your home detachment, the MEPD?

My first impression was: yes....the Sandtrooper community is growing.

My second impression for now is: growing yes...but on another planet.

Is the founding of a parallel company or society your goal?

I don't think that this is a good or the right Evolution.....

Thank you!

I'm all about sandtroopers, it's my only costume and I've loved them since I was a kid. Many are much more skilled than others and I definitely admire my SWAT big brothers. I can see how the 76'ers are trying to expand on SWAT level, right down to individual pieces such as screws used in the movie but I also see this as a bit of alienation. I would prefer to see this as a collaboration with MEPD and something official rather then their own thing. I'll still be watching what comes and I have no ill will at all.

As I posted on the similar thread:

As Juan has already stated, Tunisia 76 is not officially part of the MEPD/501st. The creators are 501st members but are not armourers or staff so please just bare this in mind if you decide you wish to participate in their programme alongside the mepd PO/SWAT programmes.

Thank you for all your valid points here.

Felix;

We did indeed speak to the MEPD Command Staff about getting Tunisia '76 off the ground. The fact of the matter remains that this is really nothing to do with the MEPD in essence. We are a stand alone unit/group with our own standards, but which mirror in many ways, those of SWAT and PO standards of the MEPD. There are differences of course. This is a separate badge from MEPD PO and SWAT to show you have gone to different lengths than what the 501st have dictated within their CRLs. We will certainly be keeping the best traditions of the MEPD CRLs with us as we go however.

Some of the key members of MEPD have helped to make this happen and so we asked kindly if we could "advertise" as such, on MEPD to spread the word about what we are trying to do.

As it stands there has been a lot of interest so far in our group, which launches tomorrow (May 4th). If you want to come and look in on our group then you are very free, it will be open to all to apply, and see if there is something there for you.

Regards to all

Nick

More perspectives, more resources and different approaches do nothing but make a subject better. This will do nothing but strengthen the overall SandTrooper concept.

My only thing is I think all of us, especially the higher ups, needs to get better at recruiting some boring TK's to get dirty.

My only thing is I think all of us, especially the higher ups, needs to get better at recruiting some boring TK's to get dirty.

Now if we could just convince them that going from TK to HWT isn't nearly as much fun as getting properly dirty!