Rogue One Troopers

By now everyone should have seen the Rogue One teaser trailer. Clearly there are mixed reviews on member's takes about the TK armor. What I would like to know if those "sandtroopers" will be classified as TDs or are they going to be called HWT and be TKs?

Thats a good question. The way I see it is that Sandtroopers are just a special division of Stromtroopers assigned to Tatooine to investigate and locate the stolen Death Star plans.

The troopers in RO carrying BFGs and wearing Pauldrons might be a different division dedicated to another planet or they could be HWT.

for sure their backpacks seems different from our canon... and they have ammo boxes hanging from the belt :pinch::yucky:

... also what I can clearly recognize are long antennae, different hand-guards, different arm armor, no DIAMOND sniper plate, Stormtrooper AB plate, and ugly helmets.

... so, even if seems impossible to believe, for Disney is really difficult (or uneathly tough) to recreate the old ANH Sandtrooper armor appearence (WHY they have not made the armor and backpack EXACTLY as we seen in EP. IV????).

At the end they seems like normal Stormtroopers, with an added pauldron, a shoulder canvas pouch and a totally new backpack.

ROGUE%20ONE%20-%20Sandtrooper%202_zpsksp

ROGUE%20ONE%20-%20Sandtrooper%201_zpssrd

ROGUE%20ONE%20-%20Sandtrooper%203_zpshwz

I am not a fan of the TKs at all. I understand the need for mobility but there are better ways to mask areas. It just seems very sloppy. It would be nice to have something new to bring to the MEPD as TKs continually gain new CRLs with every movie.

They must be HWT because there are so may flaws that can be easily spotted by any member of the MEPD.

I think it's just disney's way to give us the finger that we aren't the only ones that can wear pauldrons.

But hey, we make it look good, really good..the others are just wannabees

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Some might remember, some not, but a few years ago the HWT had the TD designation...

But, they had no actual place here in the detachment site, or the detachment back story. So.. after a long hot debate, we were able to have the TD designation assigned only to Sandtroopers. It was more about the history and achievements of the MEPD as the detachment for Sandtroopers, and having the TD designation more associated with Sandtroopers than with any other kind of troopers.

I think that, if those troopers get called Sandtroopers in the movie, or even on toys, we might have to accept them here. If they are not, we might have a case to keep them off this place and into the FISD.

Nothing personal. But Sandtroopers, TDs and MEPD are concepts that, thanks to this detachment, are bigger and larger than any CRL designation.

Saludos.

• 1 month later...

Still kinda cool to see a new version coming out. One big problem I've seen over the years is that some GML's had limited knowledge of the troopers if any at all, and I would see people from all over the legion getting shot down for things like: Applying as TK with an accurately "chipped" style of TK helmet and their GML declining them with the reason being "That's a TD helmet". Even guys with scuffs on their kits would get that reason. It was because their officers were from another detachment and didn't know much about troopers.

I was excited to see a more traditional looking trooper in these sneek peeks. It will be fun to see what the gear looks like and also fun to try to make some of it.

MEPD still the best detachment. :td:

The cod piece is too narrow at the top and the shape doesn't spread wide enough to match up with the abdomen. Plus, it is definitely cut separate from the abdominal plate. That's why it's sticking out at a weird angle.

rogue_one_sandtrooper_01.jpg

sandtroopers_docking_bay_94_01.png

I like that the armor is based on the original trilogy stormtroopers with just a few changes. The little details that are different from Sandtroopers will never be noticed by the regular citizens of the galaxy, but we'll know they are there!

Charlie