how do i attach my MP40 pouches to my chest plate

I'm guessing that there are two loops on the back of your pouch so it can be attached to your belt or backpack straps. What I did for mine for the submission pictures is I used some 1" nylon webbing and glued two pieces together for thickness. I then made a loop and glued some industrial velcro on it so it could be taken apart as needed. This loop hooks through the back loops on the pouch and then slides down over the chest plate. That way I can just remove it when I finish my pack.

I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll take a picture of it so you can see.

If u could show me a pic that would be great, so the strap would go around the neck part of the chest plate and come out around the arm opening? Then the ammo pack would attach to that?

So here is what I am using for the time being until my pack is completed (which, time permitting, should be by the end of this month). Like I said, I made a loop with nylon webbing and this loops over the chest strap.

0CAE453F-4556-4979-9A63-6D3DF119ADBF_zps

369C0003-EB15-4A71-9EC5-AE203AA1384C_zps

567BEBAA-C924-41B5-8678-B9199B0BCB9C_zps

0CECC1E5-57AB-490E-8F32-1E84BBD3CDC2_zps

Heh, I'm a dork. I did the exact same loop, only I have been hanging it off the shoulder bell strap (which pulls it down noticeably). Never even thought about hanging it there!