RT-MOD TK to TD!

BrinkHouse

Hey guys!

I've been trooping in my RT-Mod TK armor for a few months now, and it's finally time to start on the conversion over to the 'STS' TD. I couldn't be more excited. The sandy's were always my favorite, so now it's time to bring that dream full circle. :)

I have the pauldron and TD knee plate in hand, and I've started making the cosmetic changed to my bucket. Next I need to get the MP40 and spanish pouch. I could use some recommendations on where I may find the basic, button-free ab plate and beyond that, it's just a matter of making my T-21, which I plan to do partially on my CNC machine. I'll have a separate build thread for that, though. ;)

Elated to be here. More soon..

Welcome to the dirty side, Sounds like your going Tuck and roll, that my path as well. For pouches i would highly recommend Blaster 8266 (Anthony) he makes the best pouches around. For the TD ab buttons Walter at WTF trooper factory has them available or he can pull a set for you no problem..

Its better on the dirty side :td:

After much searching and asking, it doesn't seem possible to keep my current RT-Mod ab armor piece, because the square panel with the buttons isn't the right panel for the TD, I thought I could just cut out the current panel and put in the right one but nobody seems to sell that piece on its own, they all say to get a new ab armor piece, but I'd really prefer not to go through all that work of strapping, rivets, fitting, etc. when it's just the **** square panel that I want. Am I crazy, or just missing something?

Middle plate is the one I'm referring to:

td001.jpg

Do it right, get a new abdomen. It will be worth it. Plus you need the 3 button strip anyways.

You also need to remove the shoulder straps without damaging the chest, as well as removing the TK knee plate.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've emailed Rob for a new ab plate, agreed that's the right way to go. :)

Already have shoulder straps removed, they were installed with e6000 so not too tough to get off, same with sniper plate, got the new plate installed without issue. Drop boxes were removed from belt as well as the E-11 holster.

Next I'm going to work on trimming the helmet brow a little, and then I just need the ab plate and pouches and I'll be good, armor wise!

Also working on my T-21 build following along with your guide, Terry. Great work on that!

Do it right, get a new abdomen. It will be worth it. Plus you need the 3 button strip anyways.

You also need to remove the shoulder straps without damaging the chest, as well as removing the TK knee plate.

• 2 weeks later...

The T-21 blaster is finished! Scratch built using CNC and other tools. MDF receiver and feed plate, ABS and PVC barrels, solid wood stock and grips, bondo, lots of paint and texture work and a bunch of doodads for accuracy. Thinking of doing a run of a few of these for others who may be interested in having a ready-to-troop T-21.

26624938100_7b95aeb80a_c.jpg