Legion Membership Officer Introduction

DarthAloha

Aloha Dirty Brothers and Sisters,

I apologize for the delay in posting this. Between election madness and then some work related travel I am finally getting a chance to sit down to use a keyboard that does not involve thumbs.

Please allow myself to introduce myself with a form letter going out on all the detachments forums. I am Eric Brager your Legion Membership Officer (LMO) for 2016. If you recognize the name Darth Aloha it is likely due to my involvement with FISD as a two time Detachment Leader (DL).

(this is part of a form letter I'm posting on all 15 detachments. Most of you all know who I am... I also host your web server)

The LMO office this year is here to help. We will support the MEPD's goals for updating and creating new CRLs. Through your DL we will be an advocate, advisor, and champion. Most of all we will be accessible and approachable. No longer are the LMOs aloof and unreachable.

Last year saw the small but important changes to the Operating Protocols regarding CRLs. Section 7 states a few things that define a new working relationship between the detachments and the LMO. First is that a new costume may not be added to the Legion without completed CRL. Second is that the detachments are responsible for the creation and maintenance of the CRLs not the LMO. We do not make your CRLs. The result of these changes is that base level CRL requirements should not change unless the LMO and the DL are in agreement. Thirdly and lastly the DL should solicit buy-in from the detachment community regarding changes.

In this new arrangement we have no choice but to work together. With that said every one of the 15 detachments will have an LMO representative assigned to them.

Your LMO rep is me!. I will be logging into your forums (that's easy enough) and contributing to your community. The LMO office needs to be active in your community. That way we may fully understand each detachment’s vision and needs if we are going to support your CRL needs.

What is the next step in this glorious shiny new hug-fest? I am asking the DL to send their LMO representative (or post up) a list of CRL goals as well as issues, concerns, gripes, problems, woes that we can help with. I will be integrating that list into my ongoing high level goals for 2016 that will be posted publically on the forums. I encourage any discussion between the dets and the LMO office to occur out in the open on the forums as much as possible.

If anyone reading this (and hasn’t dozed off) has a question of any kind they are welcome to PM me anywhere or email me. Your DL will be receiving my phone number shortly and is welcome to text or call anytime for any reason.

Let’s get some poodoo done this year.

-Eric