Disney - Star Wars day at sea

bkbrowning

For Christmas my wife surprised me with a Star Wars Disney cruise. We just left the ship but had a great time with thousands of Star Wars fans and over two dozen 501st members. Here's a quick look at the rest of my family garrison...still trying to sway them from the Rebel legion!

DFN_207_11543435_518202_zps7lrkzkvw.jpg

Had a great time and Disney made it a great day of Star Wars fun for all ages.

And, for those that are wondering...I'm slowly working my way to my PO application. Will try to get it underway shortly.

I brought mine...That's me in the picture smiling behind my bucket on the right.

A few interesting tidbits:

1) I scared and impressed the cabin cleaning crew when I emerged from my stateroom in my TD. Lots of fun and pictures ensued. They were thrilled.

2) I was "reminded" by a ship officer out in the lobby that I "should have received a note regarding wearing of helmets and masks in public areas. We don't want any of our guests to be confused and think that you are part of the Disney cast." He was polite about it. I was about to ride an elevator down a floor and told him I would remove it then. Once I got there, a large line formed of guests wanting to take pictures so I ended up leaving the helmet on for quite some time and just stayed in one place. Once everyone had their fill of pictures, I pulled the helmet as asked. When others came up wanting a picture, I just put it back on for those. All-in-all, the ship's crew was polite. I got the feeling that they didn't want to interrupt the other guests photo ops to ask me to take it off.

3) A 501st guest in an impeccable imperial officer uniform gave me a dressing down about the state of my armor being filthy. He did it when we were both surrounded by guests. I replied about the harsh assignment on tatooine, rebel disruption of our supply line, and the need for additional reinforcements. It made for a spirited exchange in front of a lot of guests who were laughing and enjoyed the role playing.

4) Hot and moist Caribbean air does not go well with a full TD suit. :-) It was NOT a dry heat.

From the 501st, I met one Biker Scout and one other plain TK that both brought their armor kit. There were several other 501st members on board...many of which were imperial officers, dark side force users. Also, a good showing from the Rebel Legion with lots of Jedi, a few X-Wing pilots, Leia (princess and one slave outfit), etc.

For Disney, they had two Royal Guard roaming the ship that day. Two TKs that were mostly posing for pictures. Some Jawas that would trade items with you (they were really well done). Imperial officers, bounty hunters, rebel pilots, random jedi, R2-D2, C3PO, Chewbacca and Lord Vader were also present throughout the day.

While we were on our cruise, Disney announced that they are offering 15 Star Wars cruises for 2017. Ours was #5 of 8 for 2016.

It was a great cruise. The Star Wars day was a LOT of fun with great interaction throughout the day. Nice to be with so many fans.

Shout if you have other questions.