Portable Trooping Power Station

Lozzer86

*** Admin, please move this to another area if you think it would sit better elsewhere ***

Never want to run out of charge on a troop ?

Want to recharge anywhere, anytime ? Of course you do !

Here’s a great mod for your trooping case that will give you hours and hours of USB charging goodness.

You can make this as easy and complex as you like. For the purpose of this example, I’m using 2 x Dual USB charging sockets, giving a total of 4 powered USB charging sockets that can be used for phones, Battery chargers… pretty much anything.

It has an integrated Voltage display and can be accessed from the outside of your Trooping Case.

Here is the link to the PDF tutorial with all the info you need :)

Portable Trooping Power station Tutorial

2wpmc6e.png

This is Awesome! Looks like a factory made piece. Might try this if I ever get my TD project finished. Thanks for sharing this Lee !

Quick question regarding illuminated switches. I wanted to add small illuminated switches to my fans running in my helmet off of 9v batteries. With the switch draw too much power to up illuminate it or make little difference. Anything I should be cautious of?

Hi Buddy,

Is probably not use illuminated switches in your kid for two reasons;

1. You're adding unnecessary current draw for no real benefit

2. They might be noticeable by the public

I'd also not bother with using 9v batteries. They don't really have the legs to keep it all going for long and that will cost you money in the long run.

Use 18650 lithium batteries. It's what I've changed over to and they will last a whole weekend without needing a charge.

I'm doing a fan install tutorial soon, so I'll post that up if it helps ?

Hi Buddy,

Is probably not use illuminated switches in your kid for two reasons;

1. You're adding unnecessary current draw for no real benefit

2. They might be noticeable by the public

I'd also not bother with using 9v batteries. They don't really have the legs to keep it all going for long and that will cost you money in the long run.

Use 18650 lithium batteries. It's what I've changed over to and they will last a whole weekend without needing a charge.

I'm doing a fan install tutorial soon, so I'll post that up if it helps ?

Cool, thanks Lee for your advice. I just love illuminated stuff so was thinking to make it look high tech but you raise valid points for not doing so. I will try those lithium batteries. I heard some guy had lithium batteries almost burn someone's head because they exploded or something. Thought they might be more harm than help.

Love to see the fan instal tutorial. Any help with electronics is greatly appreciated.

And yes, Strider, you are correct in saying Lee deserves a medal for his innovations!