Strider

Grey-blue Color for Backpack Parts

11 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Slate Blue is too blue. Command staff is actually working on settling on a single color. Something closer to battleship grey. I will make a post in my pack build thread tomorrow AM with the options I’ve tried so far. It should be grey in color, with a hint of blue, but it will look grey under most lighting.

Hmm... until command makes a decision, aren't we a bit stuck when it comes to SWAT level field packs?    If I'm going to build a field pack I'm going to do it to SWAT standards even if I'm not yet ready to go full SWAT.   

3 hours ago, Plainsrunner said:

Hmm... until command makes a decision, aren't we a bit stuck when it comes to SWAT level field packs?    If I'm going to build a field pack I'm going to do it to SWAT standards even if I'm not yet ready to go full SWAT.   

Right now the best option we recommend is Battleship grey Or this Tamiya grey color. 

L78MYq8.png 

Hoping to find something a shade lighter, but for now its the closest commercial paint we can find. For my pack if I cannot find anything I may custom mix a color. 

• Upvote 1

PS -- I changed my profile pic.  :D

Thanks for the paint update!  I'm assuming I could proceed with the battleship color for my SWAT level pack at this point.    

1 hour ago, henselmonster said:

Right now the best option we recommend is Battleship grey Or this Tamiya grey color. 

4y8aPzK.png 

Hoping to find something a shade lighter, but for now its the closest commercial paint we can find. For my pack if I cannot find anything I may custom mix a color. 

Are you finding this in a rattle can spray paint or mixed and brushed on?

1 hour ago, henselmonster said:

Rattle can, you can find both on amazon

Rustoleum Battleship Gray spray paint doesn't come up on amazon searches nor in any of my other google searches.

I see this Winter gray:

Rust-Oleum 249089 Painter's Touch Multi Purpose Spray Paint, 12-Ounce, Winter Gray

And there is a Krylon brand that says battleship:

71VSiFYBLNL._SL1500_.jpg

Yup.....it’s the Krylon one. I’m an idiot lol :6:Sorry about that hahaha

Krylon K09206007 'Rust Tough' Battleship Gray Rust Preventive Enamel - 12 oz. Aerosol https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009XCKRY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OjI2AbX4WC875

Edit: Updated the image above to say "Krylon"... lol

Got it.   Ordered.    It was cheaper to get a case of 6 rather than 2 cans.    No worries though.  It's always handy to have touch up paint available.

Scott, you could have probably found that same can in an auto parts store for cheaper. It's usually just easier to share the Amazon link though.

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Scott, you could have probably found that same can in an auto parts store for cheaper. It's usually just easier to share the Amazon link though.

Probably.   Saves me the trip though.   Also I'll have cans for touch up in the future.   

Looks nice! The only difference between ours is that I sanded mine down to reduce the texture on the body of the canteen.

I have been using the RAL 7031 on all of my packs this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk