Return Edges

Caomhanach

Okay, building a set of Anovos armor to replace my ancient FX and made an error... When scoring the trim line on the shoulder bell it went into the armor - no issue as it can be either buffed out or as I am going TD with it anyway who's bothered - battle damage... But unfortunatley it created a knick that started a crack as shown below... It goes through the return edge and through the radius of the bend (though not into the outside of the bell itself - stops at the radius)...

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Now I have 2 options... I can add a bit of glue and reinforce it by adding some scrap ABS on the inside of the return flange and on the inside of the bell itself making it stiffer there and should stop the crack fro going further... Or I could trim off the return flange itself and have done with the crack completely...

So my question isn't necessarily what would you do, but one of what is the requirement for PO / SWAT? Return edge or no? Up to the individual? Is there any requirement for any return edge? I am not seeing anything in the CRL would assume no but wanted to put it out there as a question...

Thanks

Thanks guys, That was my original intent as (I had already created some back up pieces already... I'll glue them in them trim flush and smooth so they won't see them... I agree on the look though - I'd looked through some other deployed pics and noted that it did look better with the return..

Thanks for the replies.