getting a DLT - 19 into Canada.

Shelburne

Hey all,

I want to get one of hyperfirm's DLT - 19's. They do not ship to Canada. I have heard that replica firearms are not allowed in Canada. I have also heard you can and the boarder control doesn't care. Are any of you are canadian and brought one over or shipped one in from the states? I have also heard that some troopers have brought them over the boarder for us canadians when they come to troop.

I have a friend in the states that could ship it to me or is it best to have a trooper cross the boarder with it? After the exchange rate and any shipping,it's going to cost about $500 so I really want to make sure I get it.

Any advise or information is greatly appreciated.

Paul,

Have it shipped to a US address..

I use http://crossborderpickups.ca/ for all my USA orders over 200.00. They give you a NY mailing address and its delivered to their USA facility, Then they clear it with their internal brokerage. once its over the boarder you pick it up at their Mississauga location and pay a small fee and done...

Hope it helps, i will be using this when i retire my T21 and buy a DLT from Lewis as well...

Chris

PS. I used to live in Orangeville and my Ex was from Shelburne :-)

Where are you in Canada? One of our members builds very nice DLT 19s. No cross border required.

I would not suggest trying to bring a replica of that size across the border. There are chances it could be seized by customs.

Were both in Ontario.. i didn't think anyone up here built them..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys i live in Niagara Falls Ontario, i have crossed the border a few times with my T-21 and E-11 and every time i tell them i have prop guns made out of wood and plastic. I carefully explain i am a member of the 501st and we do charity work for Ma wish foundation, to this day i have never had an issue crossing back and forth over the border. Hopefully this helps you out a bit guys