Screws for bottom edge on Chest

TD42115

Afternoon everyone,

I have been going nuts looking for the accurate flat head screws for the bottom of the chest plate to emulate the internal strapping.. As see in below picture, where you all getting them from ?

screwsTD_zpsrrystcfz.jpg

Note, those are screws and not machine screws or bolts. How are you planning on keeping them secure? Drive them in to the plastic? I'd worry a bit about putting stress on the return edges that way. With machine screws I drill a hole, add a slight counter-sink, and then screw a nut on to secure. No stress on the plastic.

Here's a machine screw (disregard the phillips slot).

MSF2.5x16-M2.5x16-M2.5-Flat-Head-Machine

I picked up these from my local lowes. I opted for the 5/16 #6, they provided the best compromise to accuracy i think. and you can get them in white

here they are on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-C22-88400-Prt-White-Wallplate-Screws/dp/B002EPZ73Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1455716238&sr=8-6&keywords=wall+plate+screws

however if you go to lowes or home depot you can grab nuts and washers to go with them.

• 1 year later...

Quick question on installation.  I found over on the FISD the distance in from the edges they at supposed to be installed (here) but as I don't have the actual brackets, I don't know what the gap between the 2 holes are, especially as the holes in the chest are supposed to be different to the ones in the ab plate...  Can anyone tell me the sizes for the brackets/spacing? Thanks