Pouch locations

Afternoon All,

A few quick questions as im nearing completion of my TK-TD conversion. My plan is to go for basic approval from the get go, then get a pack for Officer, then ditch the pack for Swat Captain docking bay 94 (tuck and roll).

Does my Mp40 need to be on my left shoulder for basic & officer ? as im shooting for tuck and roll its on my left hip with my small spanish is on my right hip.

Thanks,

Chris

The CRL is kinda iffy on the exact locations too.. but does state a standard location to be on left shoulder...

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper

Ammo Pouches
For 501st approval:
  • All Sandtrooper armor parts are weathered.
  • Black in color, made of canvas, leather or leather-like German MP-40 style ammo pouches.
  • The standard configuration calls for a minimum of two pouches:
    • one pouch on the left shoulder and one on the right hip.
    • A third worn on the opposite hip is allowed.
  • Option: If choosing to replicate a screen used configuration of equipment, the number of pouches may be altered.
    • See the MEPD SWAT page for more details.
    • Note: Screen used configurations also include specific color Pauldrons and individual backpacks styles.

This was a little confusing to me as well. Since the MP40 pouch at the left shoulder is typically attached to the shoulder strap of the backpack, but the pack is an optional accessory for basic approval... ??? :confused: For my submission pics, I just rigged a piece of webbing that connects the pouch to the elastic on my left shoulder bell.

For basic membership my GML had me wear my leather MP40 pouch on my right hip and the other on my shoulder. I had a hard time coming up with a strapping method and since I only planned to wear this like that one time ever, I used packing tape and taped it on.

This was a little confusing to me as well. Since the MP40 pouch at the left shoulder is typically attached to the shoulder strap of the backpack, but the pack is an optional accessory for basic approval... ??? :confused: For my submission pics, I just rigged a piece of webbing that connects the pouch to the elastic on my left shoulder bell.

I did the exact same thing. Once I get the backpack done, I will attach it too the straps there, but for the submission photos I just affixed it to the shoulder straps with a loop of elastic. I definitely don't troop with it hanging there like that as it tends to flop around annoyingly. :P Just another reason for me to get going on that backpack!

The basic thought is for legion approval you have to kinda look like a TD....For PO you have to Really look like a TD....For SWAT you become a TD ;)

go with the pouch on the shoulder....some use magnets to hold in place for pics