RT-MOD Questions.

Shelburne

Hey all,

I am currently on RT-MOD's wait list. I chose him because FISD had recommended him for bigger people.

Have any of you used him before? Also I would eventually like to go for SWAT. Can you think of anything in particular that I should be asking of him, to further my chances of getting into SWAT? He says he does sandy gear, but don't I have to have my armor done dirty a certain way foe SWAT?

Any advise and information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Paul,
RT-Mod makes a great set of armor. A trooper in my garrison recently joined with one of his kits. When he says he 'does sandy gear', does he mean a commissioned build, or just supplying the parts required for a sandy (diamond knee plate and 3-button ab piece)? Most TK armor makers offer this an option. The weathering, especially for SWAT requirements, is gonna be up to you.. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jason,

That is good to hear that he does a good job. As for the weathering, that is what I was wondering about. I don't know if his gear comes pre weathered or like you said "just the parts for a sandy build". I really have no idea what to expect, this being my first time. ..lol.

I don't know If I need to paint the armor and weather it, or just weather it, or both are done for me. Guess I'll find out when my turn comes up. I can't wait to get my hands on my gear...lol

Most kits come with parts for both TK and TD, so you should have no problem there. As far as weathering goes you will have to weather it yourself. On the subject of weathering for SWAT, it depends on the trooper you wish to emulate, Move Along, Docking Bay, Stop that ship etc. Good luck and l look forward to seeing your build.

Heads up AP doesn't offer the diamond knee and the 3 button strip i had to source them here after converting.. Marks New AP is great kit out of the box love the armor, but if you got a chest size of 47+ go RT-MOD, i will be doing a TK via RT in the near future..

Make sure when you order your RT armor that you tell him you want to build it with cover strips not overlap. Since RT trims all the parts for you this is important so he trims them right and sends you extra plastic for the strips.

Also make sure Rob knows you're doing a sandy so he sends you the right ab plate and sniper knee.

I'm eventually going to convert my RT TK into a TD... someday. I have all the parts in hand to do it....

-Eric

Thanks guys,

I assume it's just first time jitters. I'm sure once I've done one build, future ones will be less intimidating. Dropping so much coin for something always makes me nervous. I've been doing so much reading over the past weeks my mind is getting scrambled. ..lol. I was originally going for HWT and then changed my mind to TD. Now I'm trying to remember if what I read was for HWT or TD...lol. So many little differences and varients, I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks guys,

I assume it's just first time jitters. I'm sure once I've done one build, future ones will be less intimidating. Dropping so much coin for something always makes me nervous. I've been doing so much reading over the past weeks my mind is getting scrambled. ..lol. I was originally going for HWT and then changed my mind to TD. Now I'm trying to remember if what I read was for HWT or TD...lol. So many little differences and varients, I just want to make sure I get it right.

I know what you mean, we've all been there.. It can be intimidating and first, and it's A LOT of info to take in. But just keep reading and researching and you'll get the hang of it. And yes, your first build is always the most nerve wracking. :thumbsup:

HWT are posers who want to wear pauldrons and a pack but not get their boots dirty :woot:

LOL!! HAHAHAA!!! :lol:

You can't go wrong with RT. But I suggest going sandtrooper if you're going to wear a pack and a pauldron :)

HWT are posers who want to wear pauldrons and a pack but not get their boots dirty :woot:

Hilarious.

-Eric