My "move along" RS props lid, back home!

Darth Voorhees

I know i havent been on here in a while. Had to sell off my last kit before i even started building it. But my prop business is doing well and i was able to grab a new kit. The one i just got will be a standard shiny TK..[ i know i know...quit with the boos lol] but i have plans in the near future for a second kit to return to tattooine. :):td:

Anywho..i thought this a relevant story for you fine folks here at the MEPD.....So this is my RS Sandtrooper "Move along" helmet that i built and painted back in Nov/Dec of 2012. Same one in my avatar :) I spent A LOT of time on it and really went all out on the build, down to the thickness of the black outlines on the traps..wonky mic tip mounting, wonky frown paint unevenly trimmed eyes, crooked front/back assembly to create the raised brow...everything i could possibly recreate i did. Pretty sure i have the build thread on here somewhere :P) It is one of the items i am most proud of my work on.

When i moved a little over a year ago, i had left my job thinking i was moving in June, and due to unforseen circumstances, we ended up not actually moving until October. So money got tight and i had to very reluctantly put this helmet up for sale.

A freind of mine, and fellow 501st member of the Dune Sea Garrison Andy, TK-5224, devised a plan for me. He basically bought the helmet so id have the cash when i needed it, with the stipulation that when his sandtrooper armor came in, id build it for him, and instead of him paying me cash, he would return the helmet.

Just yesterday, the helmet has returned home. Thanks Andy

100_4813_zps0yaw9y76.jpg

100_4814_zpsh3in6haq.jpg

smile emoticon

• 3 weeks later...