3D printing parts for backpack

RedBeard

Lol yeah I get that. This was just a test print so I'd know what's needed to be fixed or changed. Plus White is much easier to print with, than Black. Any of these ordered will be in Black.

Hi Michael,

looks great so far. I've just came across a new find (and some other old information) that casts some doubt on the "24" cm height. >>>

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13735&page=2#entry181753

Maybe you could take a picture of your 3D print and do an overlay (using photoshop or something similar) with a picture of a Sonix 75 to check the dimensions?

Cheers

Hi Michael,

looks great so far. I've just came across a new find (and some other old information) that casts some doubt on the "24" cm height. >>>

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13735&page=2#entry181753

Maybe you could take a picture of your 3D print and do an overlay (using photoshop or something similar) with a picture of a Sonix 75 to check the dimensions?

Cheers

Well now...that does change things. I'll keep an eye on that thread to see what happens. The measurements I have are 240mm long, the one pictured is 218mm long...that's about an inch, so quite a difference. Upside is, all I have to do is scale it...hopefully that'll do the trick. Thanks for the info, couldn't have come at a better time now that I'm finishing it.

• 1 month later...

Here's an update on the faceplate. I printed out the faceplate to see how everything lined up, and so far it's looking awesome. This one is for Kirk (LoveMonkey). When everything is finalized, I'll get the Smooth-on ordered and start making some casts. I'm still working out a price for the faceplate and box, but it'll likely be around $100. There's a lot of work and detail gone into this, hope you guys like it.cf0a2a7254d35a9ea2db96e3acd93c68.jpg72d6c9a68e1a6427afb934b369f75b09.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk