ANOVOS armor tweak questions

thumpernicus

Got my new set of Anovos armor and, IMHO, it looks awesome and I am excited to get started on it. Right off the bat I notices a couple things that I have not been able to find solutions for...

I need to build a "Diamond Knee Plate" or "Sniper knee plate" or whatever it's called. I could not find anyone offering them for sale in "Where to Find Stuff" thread nor doing a search. Is there anyone who outright sells these or is there a tutorial somewhere on how to make it myself?

Secondly, the Anovos kit comes with a 4-button strip to attatch to the ab plate. Is there a supplier of the correct 3-button strip or again, a tutorial on how to make one that will please the masters of the MEPD and S.W.A.T.?

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to meeting the standards and joining the ranks this Spring 2016!

Both the diamond knee plate and the 3-button ab piece can be purchased from Terrell with ATA Works

( ataworks@yahoo.com ). He has a pretty quick turn around time for individual parts. Although he might be getting backed up as of lately...

Trooperbay.com has the diamond knee plate as well. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another Anovos question -

I'm getting my armor ready to submit for 'Deployment' Status and have a Ab Button question.

According to the CRL's for 501st Requirements Rule 12 states,

12.AB PLATE:

• All Sandtrooper armor parts are weathered.
  • Left side Abdomen Armor has a minimum of three, and maximum of four painted white buttons.
  • Right side Abdomen Armor is a blank square and does not contain buttons like the Stormtrooper.

At the risk of sounding adversarial when that is not the case nor my intention - I'm here to make friends.
So my question is - where does it say in either 501st Sandtrooper Requirements and more importantly MEPD Deployment Requirements that the Ab Buttons 'must' be three buttons. I know if I'm wrong, I will be corrected 10 times over, but aren't three buttons only required for 'SWAT' status??

Thanks in advance,

-Todd

For basic entry you can remove the 4th button with the part that comes with Anovos. It's not perfect by any means but it'll get you basic entry. I would highly recommend hitting up Walt from WTF on whitearmor or one of the many great vendors we have in the community for the real part though. We like to show off the slit that the 4th button hides on our armor :)

• 3 weeks later...

...At the risk of sounding adversarial when that is not the case nor my intention - I'm here to make friends.

-Todd

Hey Todd!!! Never worry about our community turning back against you or any of your posts or questions. We are all here to enjoy building and beings Sadntroopers, and making friends.

We pride ourselves on being one of the most open and welcoming community on the net. So don't worry. Drama, flaming and confrontative behaviours is something we don't have and even if it would happened, we do not allow.

Ask all the questions you have, comment all you want and just share and enjoy this hobby.

The MEPD is a group of people who enjoy wearing dirt and call themselves brothers and sisters!

Welcome bro!

Hey brother I have a cast sniper plate I can send you. It should state in the CRL the 3 button requirement. If not, it may have been removed unintentionally with the last update. Easy enough to take care of.

Hey boss...

It does seem that the 3 button requirement was deleted somehow from the CRL. It does not appear on the basic nor on the PO requirements...

Saludos.

FWIW I just punched three 3/4" circles out of some of the scrap ABS and then ABS pasted them onto a rectangle of scrap I cut out.
I softened the edges by sanding and then after it was ABS pasted in place I gave the joint a further light wipe of acetone to help blend them into the plate (using a Q-tip).
AbPlate_zps0qvkbinn.jpg
Ignore the harsh weathering, I'm laying in the dark crud first and finishing with chalk/fuller's earth and a setting spray later.
:td:

FWIW I just punched three 3/4" circles out of some of the scrap ABS and then ABS pasted them onto a rectangle of scrap I cut out.

I softened the edges by sanding and then after it was ABS pasted in place I gave the joint a further light wipe of acetone to help blend them into the plate (using a Q-tip).

AbPlate_zps0qvkbinn.jpg

Ignore the harsh weathering, I'm laying in the dark crud first and finishing with chalk/fuller's earth and a setting spray later.

:td:

That is a great idea, looks awesome, well done!