armor straping

dirtydave

I now plan to make braces/suspenders for the belt as it slips down no matter how tight I pull it.

I used a standard backbrace belt and attached my thigh armor straps to that. It came with suspenders, but I ended up removing them and it stays up just fine. It's also flexible, so it's fairly comfortable...just a little bulkier than a standard belt.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The straps don't go over my shoulder's,they keep the chest pulled down and ab pulled up.I did have them over my shoulder's,but it seemed to complicated really.I'm still experimenting with the strapping,but I think the originals were similar to how I have it now.

I don't have any kind of tutorial for the strapping.I just riveted the elastic to the armour and used brass strips to keep the elastic in place as I couldn't find washer's small enough.The brass strips worked out better though,as the elastic cannot be pulled over the strip and come loose.

Yep. That's what I did as well. It works pretty well, even though the belt is a little bulky.

If you are referring to the weightbelt part, I discarded that. I only used the suspenders and the 4 clips that were attached to the weightbelt.

Yep. That's what I did as well. It works pretty well, even though the belt is a little bulky.

If you are referring to the weightbelt part, I discarded that. I only used the suspenders and the 4 clips that were attached to the weightbelt.

Actually, I was referring to both. I used the weight belt part as a belt to hold up my thigh armor, and used the suspenders on my ab and lower back armor. I'm still trying to decide if I really need the suspenders, since I made the ab/back armor where it would stay up pretty well on its own. I added soft sides between the ab and back, so I can snug it down pretty tight.

OIC. I just used a canvas belt to hold up my thigh armor. I agree with the suspender thing. They are almost unnecessary, but they add a little bit of support and I use the straps to hold my sound system. I have a speaker on one strap and the romfx board on the other.

I use the straps to hold my sound system. I have a speaker on one strap and the romfx board on the other.

That's cool. Do the elctronics hang inside your chest armor then? Can you hear the speaker okay that way? I'm still struggling with the best placement.

That's cool. Do the elctronics hang inside your chest armor then? Can you hear the speaker okay that way? I'm still struggling with the best placement.

I was just thinking about that. The speaker that came with the romfx is small enough to fit under my chest armor and I can't tell it is there. I'm thinking about attaching the romfx itself to the lower inside of the chestarmor because right now, I cannot adjust anything once the armor is on. If it was lower, I think I could reach up underneath the armor and turn it on/off, etc...

As far as sound and whatnot, I was recently at an event that was in a gymnasium and I had to repeat myself several times. I don't know if this was because of my voice which doesn't carry well in crowds to begin with, or because the romfx was not loud enough. I asked a couple of people if they could hear me and they said yes, so I'm not sure. I did modify my romfx to be louder with the 8 AA battery setup. I have two 4x battery holders mounted under the abplate where the buttons are. Another thing that was happening is that the announcer was so loud, my mic picked up his voice and would click almost evreytime HE spoke!

I think the ideal setup would be to have speakers and everything inside the helmet, but that adds weight, takes up room, and I haven't heard of anybody conceiling speakers behind hovi-mix sized aerators.

It seems that in order to be suit-accurate, you have to give up some on the sound quality/ease of use. I'm not about to attach a speaker to the side of my belt.

Sorry for the de-rail.

Ill have mine/rom fx behind the chest. Could be louder, but works fine i guess. I also thinking about put it on the belt strap, but also about it will damage screen accuratesy.

all of my stuff is in the shoulder pouch, I will try to post a picture tonight.

the romfx is in the first pouch, the 8 AA bttery holder fits in the middle, and I made an extra (mag loader) pouch for the speaker.