armor straping

dirtydave

all of my stuff is in the shoulder pouch, I will try to post a picture tonight.

the romfx is in the first pouch, the 8 AA bttery holder fits in the middle, and I made an extra (mag loader) pouch for the speaker.

i did what rob did and it works great, and is at the correct height so you people can actually hear you rather than having to lean down to your belt to catch what you are saying.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry all....didn't mean to hijack the thread with all of this audio talk.

My prob is that I get feedback from my setup with my speaker in the shoulder position. I'm gonna try a better unidirectional mic to try and solve it.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm currently a TK. You TD's definitely have more hidey places. Putting the romfx in back is do-able, but then you'd have to worry about where to conceal the wires. And then if you put your speaker back there, then it would sound like you were talking out of your... I want something I can throw on and go.

BTW, I was hanging out 'backstage' with the TN Titans cheerleaders and one of them called me darth vader.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm currently a TK. You TD's definitely have more hidey places. Putting the romfx in back is do-able, but then you'd have to worry about where to conceal the wires. And then if you put your speaker back there, then it would sound like you were talking out of your... I want something I can throw on and go.

BTW, I was hanging out 'backstage' with the TN Titans cheerleaders and one of them called me darth vader.

Talking out out your a.., ha ha funny s...

What do you think about putting you Rom FX on your belt?I've been thinking about buying a Rom FX lately and would make a box for my belt,like what Luke wears (grappling hook).What do you think?

Iam into screen accurete as possible look (like you Paul ).

So if you wanna do it on ya TK armor, ill think it will be super fantastic hot looking all the way.

On my TD ill have it behind the chest, like spoken off. Sometimes on my belly, iam a skinny dude so there is also space. Because i cant have it in my pounches (got 3 wein stolla and mp 40 canvas). But ill have thinking off geting one "BIG" pounch, like the one TK409 have on his site. Maby it can fit in there. But then again, will it be louder then the chest hhmmm...

Best regards Paul.

Hey, big Titans fan here. Nobody ever said those girls were smart.

Go Titans!

Well i was on a tv show in TD armor for one year ago, in a quiz.

We ask them questions, and they ask us and so on.

One of my questions was do luke skywalker have the same hair as van disel, or the beatles...

After a long time, and doubts the got the question right.

But when we ask them for ower costume (two TD´s and a vader), they was saying c3po... OOhe... Ooobiie- wann. Crazy stupid girls, and also a bit of funny too.

I placed everything in the natural indentation in the backpiece. I have two radio shack powered speakers in there, facing forward (toward my back and out under my upper arms). I "velcroed" a piece of black lycra over the gear in the indentation so you can see nothing, but the sound easily passes through. I also put my Hyperdyne voice amp in there as well.

My on/ off switch for the powered mic is behind the right side of my chest piece and is unseen and easy to reach. The wire from my mic goes under my "TK409 neck seal" and down the front of my shirt and then plugs into the on/ off switch.

I have absolutely no feedback and I can clearly be heard half a block away, if I necessary.

Vince

• 4 years later...

I notice that armor in the box - the ridge is very sharp almost a corner edge. On most armors out there that edge is way more rounded. The shadow compounded with the sharp edge definatly created the illusion of seperate pieces. Thanks for helping out with the photo's.

thanks,

<!-- e -->RedFox@optonline.net<!-- e -->