Trooping Survival

sandtrooper

Hey all,

Recently I did a troop that lasted around three hours in full TD kit. Nearing the last hour are so my shoulders and neck were throbbing in pain from the backpack. I'm looking for suggestions on how to wear the backpack and remain comfortable. Also do you have suggestions on how to keep hands from drying out after wearing rubber gloves for an extended period of time?

Thanks,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Cant speak for the pack problem.

But for the hands problem - I wear the nomex flight gloves. I think the longest I have worn them was six hours. I removed them for lunch.

I usually apply a "beeswax lotion bar" before I wear any gloves. So this also keeps hands moisturized.

Hey all,

Recently I did a troop that lasted around three hours in full TD kit. Nearing the last hour are so my shoulders and neck were throbbing in pain from the backpack. I'm looking for suggestions on how to wear the backpack and remain comfortable. Also do you have suggestions on how to keep hands from drying out after wearing rubber gloves for an extended period of time?

Thanks,

Pat

I added two chest straps, each one connects to a shoulder strap, which in turn clips together via a plastic side release buckle under my chest armor. This takes some of the tension off of the shoulders.