Hey folk's.

So i'm building a TD. And it's been fantasitc so far,Dispite it's not finished already i taken it to a few event's and people adored it. At the moment i have a while till my next Outing. So i am taking this time to work on it (re placing straps and positions,etc)

My current problem is i don't like the way i dirtyed it,and i never put any other kind of white on it,all that was there was the normal ABS white. My current build has a sorta yellowish colour to it. So i have been looking at different spray paints and was worndering what kind of white is best to use,and any tips on spray-painting. I was also wondering if Gloss should be okay,as i been looking at this Ceramic white gloss.

Thank's smile.png

(P.S: i know some parts are in odd positions and bits are missing,And the pauldren is really rubbish it was a cheap one i got online,And that's what i mean by i am currently fixing it with proper straps smile.png )

post-6565-0-81769200-1452783606_thumb.jp

post-6565-0-14989200-1452783611_thumb.jp

Personally I like the off white colour.

Using spray paints can be tricky, it doesn't come of easy once applied.

Most members use paints that can be found in the woodland scenic eart colors kit or that are from a similar quality.

Weathering is also a really personal thing, you have to do it the way you feel comfortable with unless you are planning to join the big boys over at SWAT. Then it's going to be a whole different story.

Good luck with the weathering and I hope that this was useful.

Cheers!

:salute:

Looking at your picture, your weathering does not look bad. Personally, I wouldn't spray anything on it. I weathered mine with FolkArt acrylic paint over the original ABS.

There is a few guys here who make quality pauldrons. It also looks like your thighs could come up a bit. Would really help if you had more pictures with more angles so we can see how it all looks.

Baron

If you aren't approved yet as a 501st member, I would check with your GML and get their opinion on the weathering.

My GML was a little picky about the weathering and it took me 3 tries to get it to where she would approve it.

I do think yours looks good though. You can always check out the weathering section here for more ideas if you aren't satisfied yet.

Thank's for the message guy's,And yes my amour isn't 100% complete yet,the legs are going to be higher (and move v shaped then I so not so much black is gonna show,and im ordering a quilaty pauldren from RS Props,i just needed a cheap little thing for this event) Thank's for the messages,Weathering i know is a very personalised thing,my current weathering i just dont like,insted im just gonna re-paint it with acrylic and weather it again :) thanks!

Are you thinking about completely cleaning it up, to clean white, and then dirtying it up again?

If so, I'd recommend Appliance White Spray Paint. This is what I used on mine after I finished modding it. Then I used burnt umber to dirty it up.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Specialty-12-oz-Epoxy-Gloss-White-Appliance-Spray-Paint-7881830/202056394

How do i get in contact with my local GML?. I am almost at the point of finishing off my armour,at the moment all thats really needed is to create shim's,my new boots and leathers are coming,still need to fix the backpack etc.

If you aren't approved yet as a 501st member, I would check with your GML and get their opinion on the weathering.

My GML was a little picky about the weathering and it took me 3 tries to get it to where she would approve it.

I do think yours looks good though. You can always check out the weathering section here for more ideas if you aren't satisfied yet.

How do i get in contact with my local GML?. I am almost at the point of finishing off my armour,at the moment all thats really needed is to create shim's,my new boots and leathers are coming,still need to fix the backpack etc.

Go to 501st.com and find what Garrison you belong to based on where you live. There should be contact info there for your GML.

From the pictures, it looks like you have been to a troop in your area. I'm sure one of the other troopers in the picture could help you get in touch with your GML.

Also, check out the CRL on 501st.com. A backpack is not required for basic approval. As long as you meet the basic CRL requirements you'll pass just fine.

Ya i guess it would be with the UK Garrison then. Thanks :td:

Go to 501st.com and find what Garrison you belong to based on where you live. There should be contact info there for your GML.

From the pictures, it looks like you have been to a troop in your area. I'm sure one of the other troopers in the picture could help you get in touch with your GML.

Also, check out the CRL on 501st.com. A backpack is not required for basic approval. As long as you meet the basic CRL requirements you'll pass just fine.

Yes that's exactly what i was thinking of doing. I heard spray paint is tricky,Is that all you did? Cause what i was thinking was just getting a glossy white spray-paint and then dirtying it up again.

I don't know what makes them different, but the paint I linked was one of the easier spray paints I've used. Just do thin, quick coats. Reapply while the first coat is still tacky (I think, you'd need to read the instructions). And it turned out beautiful. obviously, there's always a risk of spray paint globbing on a bit, but if you shake it enough and you clean the nozzle when not using it, it works pretty well. You can always sand down anything you don't like and coat again.

I would advise against painting it to re-weather it. The condition it is in now is fine, remember, aside from weathering to make it look weathered, the natural "weathering" you already have will only heighten what you do to it further. Re-painting it to muck it up again is redundant, and more time consuming. If you use the Epoxy appliance paint, I use that stuff to, but not on my Sandy, you have to leave it alone for 5-7 days for it to fully cure.

Just a lot of extra work you don't need to do a Sandy, IMO.... :)

Baron