Star Wars pet adoption - BABY DEWBACK INSIDE!

Fraulein

OK so maybe fifth time attempt at posting this, is the charm.

I have been waiting to share this since late December, when one of our garrison was contacted by the city's animal welfare department to promote their upcoming Star Wars Pet Adoption Event.

I can now share some of the images, because up until they were posted publicly - they were owned by the city. They still are - which is why they are linked to the FB page.

To view more images from the campaign that are not of a Sandy go here https://www.facebook.com/AlbuquerqueAnimalWelfare/

While we were standing and waiting for the next animal to be brought in - I asked if they had any reptiles.

Sure enough, they did. And what a popular guy he became. After my shoot with him, everyone wanted their pic with him. During the shoot I gave him the voice of Pepe the King Prawn from the Muppets. It just seemed to fit him. He came from an abusive situation (starved by meth heads), and someone was kind enough to remove him from that home and give him to the shelter. He still has a way to go. He is still under weight and has a messed up eye (he wont lose it, but he may end up blind in it)and there is a tumor on the other side of his face (he had his good side photographed :) )

These first two of him and me - still belong to the city. So please don't share them publicly until after the 16th. After the event - I think it would be OK.

ABW_0355_zpsmctcbgq0.jpg

ABW_0368_zps871nptmu.jpg

This next one - Little Sheba. She is 14. I'll be honest. Her story made me cry. I was crying when they took the pic.

12525487_10153525636593962_1826312369996

This one - CATS DONT LIKE SANDTROOPERS! Had I not been wearing armor - my arm would have been shredded.

12471852_10153529381093962_2018370638859

BUH BAM!

Go there to check out the pics.

I am in a good amount of them because others had prior commitments. Wolfman showed up. I think he is in a few. One with me. But the total adoptions came out to over 90! That is more than they do in two or three months.

The lovely little Sheba got adopted out before the event even started. She had been in the shelter since last june. When he family decided she was too old.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.790744774405304.1073741863.314042208742232&type=3