TK FX to TD ?

TD42115

Hi all,

I have had an older FX kit kicking around for a while, not sure if its just scrap or should i build a TD out of it. I know the helmet needs to be replaced for approval and a new knee plate has to be added. anything else i need to know before i start ?

Thanks all

Thanks for the reply. Any links to what is needed ? I've seen the conversion thread on fisd but noticed the sand troopers don't have buttons, can't remove the FX buttons on the ab plate..

I made a TD with an FX. I used a lot of bondo and paint to fix some things, but in the end, it looked pretty nice. I think if I had replaced the chest with a different vendor, it would have done wonders, but I ended up cutting the bottom edge a bit to shape it better and it looked pretty good.

The major changes I made were adding shims around the Ab and Kidney and filling in the ridges on the legs where the overlapped plastic connected. I filled those with bondo, and then added extra cover strips and it looked a TON better.

I made a TD with an FX. I used a lot of bondo and paint to fix some things, but in the end, it looked pretty nice. I think if I had replaced the chest with a different vendor, it would have done wonders, but I ended up cutting the bottom edge a bit to shape it better and it looked pretty good.

The major changes I made were adding shims around the Ab and Kidney and filling in the ridges on the legs where the overlapped plastic connected. I filled those with bondo, and then added extra cover strips and it looked a TON better.

those were my thoughts almost exactly, thanks for the information, makes a decision on what to do with this before my other armor arrives..

Yup I've done more research and its not to difficult with the right tools. As for helmet there is AP or RT here in Canada and I have heard RT is a great match to the shade of white of the FX

Yup I've done more research and its not to difficult with the right tools. As for helmet there is AP or RT here in Canada and I have heard RT is a great match to the shade of white of the FX

If you mod the armor with bondo and whatnot, you'll be repainting it anyway. I primed mine and then used glossy white appliance paint. Like paint you'd use for a refrigerator. So you'll probably end up repainting whatever helmet you got as well. Just to make sure they match.

The biggest fix isn't just the bucket. The chest is too small, the tighs do not have the exact curve, the abdomen isn't a beauty etc etc...

Sorry but the FX has passed the best days and that is okay....