Armor Kit

pdieken

I have been looking and reading and reading and looking all over the net about different armor kits that are out there and in all of that I have found info on one referred to as the AM (if memory serves correctly) kit and from what I have read about it it seems to be the best fit for me. I would appreciate what ever additional info anyone may have about it and who or where I could go to possibly get one of these kits and if some one could give me an idea of how much that set would cost that would be great too.

I know that the FISD has a great thread over there, but do you think that we should have that information over here as well rather than having to diret them there? Be nice to keep people on these boards less the get tempted by those clean types over there (lol)... Just a thought...

Well as a new comer to pretty much everything 501st I can tell you that it would be helpful if all of the various forums had as good of lists for that kind of thing as FISD does. But I think that has less of an effect on prospective members choices of what direction they want to go, ie. TK, TD, TX, etc., as the quality and openness of the feed back, tips, and over all support they get from those that are active in the forums does.

The MEPD is at this point the third of the 501st forums i have been involved in all fairness out of the three this is the most comfortable for me because of those things.

I admit that at this point i'm not looking to go TD I am looking to go TK mostly because with my particular skill set I don't have what i need to do a proper TD and the last thing I want is to be a disgrace to the uniform, so to speak. But I can also honestly say that because of the great feed back and over all sense of welcome I have felt here compared to the other forums, not to say the reception has been bad from the others it's just hasn't been as good as what it has here, TD will most likely be my ultimate objective.

Thanks again.

I spend a lot of time at FISD and I don't even have a TK. The standards for armor are near identical minus a different sniper plate, no thermal detonator, and obviously weathering & pack. I've built my TD to FISD's centurion standards. It's a great building block to start with. They also have a rather large community and no one cares that I'm dirty.

Well as a new comer to pretty much everything 501st I can tell you that it would be helpful if all of the various forums had as good of lists for that kind of thing as FISD does. But I think that has less of an effect on prospective members choices of what direction they want to go, ie. TK, TD, TX, etc., as the quality and openness of the feed back, tips, and over all support they get from those that are active in the forums does.

The MEPD is at this point the third of the 501st forums i have been involved in all fairness out of the three this is the most comfortable for me because of those things.

I admit that at this point i'm not looking to go TD I am looking to go TK mostly because with my particular skill set I don't have what i need to do a proper TD and the last thing I want is to be a disgrace to the uniform, so to speak. But I can also honestly say that because of the great feed back and over all sense of welcome I have felt here compared to the other forums, not to say the reception has been bad from the others it's just hasn't been as good as what it has here, TD will most likely be my ultimate objective.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear man. You can totally do a TD....we are here to help as you already know and there are plenty of builders who can help with accessories

I have been thinking about my last statement here. Speaking strictly for my own experiences and opinions so far with the other 501st forums I would would offer this advice to anyone in the same place with it i am.

If you are truly serious about joining the 501st don't lock yourself into any one character group. Take the time to explore the forums for the character groups that interest you the most, join those forums, ask your questions, don't be afraid to check out those links that might direct you to other forums.

Once again completely my opinion here, I would dare to say that the various forums tend to take on the personalities of the type you might expect for that type of character, so look for one that fits your personality better. Also my opinion, a better fit makes a better trooper.

Now specifically in reference to my opinion on my experience here with the MEPD, based on this "advice". After many years behind a badge in the real world as a security officer, and i'm not talking about the weird guy standing at the door checking IDs (even though I did some of that too) I'm talking about a security force with real guns working in the private sector and along side a multitude of members of real police forces. The personality of this forum feels very much like it did when i worked in that kind of environment.

And this should please you Dirty Boy :thumbsup:. I have reached my decision, a decision that you played no small part in, and am going to start getting the goods together to go TD.

• 3 months later...

a big beautiful brown box arrived yesterday! so i will be starting work on it soon. I will be working on my TD in conjunction with a 3d printed captain rex for one nephew and a 3d printed shadow guard for another so i am going to be very busy the next few months. the objective is to have all three usable by the forth of july. i don't expect to have my TD mepd worthy by then but maybe it will be by the end of the year.

I saw my hubby's armor kit and was really impressed that it looked so good and that it fits bigger people. My hubby is pdieken. I am thinking on after I finish my Zam outfit that I may want a Sandtrooper outfit too. I know I will go with the same people he went through.