My Sandtrooper Build help!

Yummi

Alright so im pretty much done, all i have to do is make a strap to hold my ammo pouch on my shoulder as if there was a backpack. I will get the pack down the line. Right now im seeking 501st approval, but shortly after i want to go for Police Officer. So ive done most of my things to officer specs. What do you guys think any criticism is great.

ALSO I am aware of the shoulder being raised i just need to redo the strap to allow it to set on my shoulders after that do you see anything that you dont like?

post-6716-0-45228000-1450996718_thumb.jp

post-6716-0-75548500-1450996751_thumb.jp

post-6716-0-76225300-1450996760_thumb.jp

Not so much that i need help, more seeking approval from approved sandtroopers, police officers, and swat. Just wanted to see how close i am to approval on yalls opinions :)

You cant see it in this pic but my shoulder strap is raised up, its an easy pic but just wanted to see what yall thought of the set of armor, going to be submitting for 501st here soon!

When you do submit to mepd down the road, make sure you have the ab rivet detail and paint the rivets on your thigh belt!

Ah!! Thought I did it all. I have the 3 ab snaps colored and weathered. I completely spaced the thigh belt rivets!! Thanks man!

The armor looks AM or FX.

Looks like your whole ab piece could come up higher, that would raise your thighs to as they seem to right on top of you shins, makes it harder to walk or move.

You have one too many ab buttons, should be three. And you will need the rivet in the middle square section also. I don't have a picture handy to show you.

You should get 501st basic approval with little issue, but P.O. here will need some changes, but nothing too big :)

Good luck dude!!!!

Baron

The armor looks AM or FX.

Looks like your whole ab piece could come up higher, that would raise your thighs to as they seem to right on top of you shins, makes it harder to walk or move.

You have one too many ab buttons, should be three. And you will need the rivet in the middle square section also. I don't have a picture handy to show you.

You should get 501st basic approval with little issue, but P.O. here will need some changes, but nothing too big :)

Good luck dude!!!!

Baron

Yeah it's FX I paid nothing for it so I went for it. Helmet isn't FX though because I know that won't be approved.

For the ab buttons I thought 3-4 was acceptable? Or can P.O.'s only have 3?

The rivet in the middle, are you talking about the square thing on the ab plate. That should be a easy add thanks!

The kidney plate is giant as you can tell apparently FX has that issue. Do you suggest I trim it? Because it's pretty high on my back in this pic. I wanted to trim it but would love some opinions.

Yeah my thigh straps needed tightening once I do that they will naturally be pulled up away from my shins

Thanks for all the help look forward to hearing back from ya!! :)

What armor maker is that? The kidney plate looks rather tall and not flush to the back piece.

The kidney plate is flush, it's the back piece that is jacked up because of me strapping the shoulder wrong. I think I need to trim the kidney piece though because it's giant and causes it to be overlapped

It's OK that it is FX, they convert to Sandy's pretty well and the price was right :) But you are correct, the helmet would not clear. Yours looks good.

I would suggest cutting the kidney plate and making it separate, that is how it should be. But in your picture it does look like your back plate is riding high. I would not be worried about a return edge. I know some of the CRL's were recently changed here, you might want to have a look at them here:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13770

Yes, the little rivet in the bottom right corner of the center ab square. Super easy mod. :)

Do you have any more detailed pictures?

Baron