TD-42770 Requesting Deployment

Harp0

Name: Ted Pick

TKID: 42770

Username: Harp0

Garrison: Star Garrison - West Texas Squad

501st Profle Page: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=15615

Image Album: http://imgur.com/a/mRqj0

These pictures are a little out of date, since taking them I have fixed the strapping issue I was having with the left thigh and the left side shoulder bell (which I hadn't realized had come loose during the pictures). I have also modified the trim of the chest plate a little. Out of everything though, the thing I think needs the most work is the backpack. I bought this used from another member, and it isn't as accurate as I would like :(

If you continue to scroll through though you will see the fixed up version.

post-5664-0-98589500-1449776380_thumb.jp
post-5664-0-59719300-1449776376_thumb.jp
post-5664-0-40291300-1449776374_thumb.jp

post-5664-0-69479400-1449776378_thumb.jp

Looking pretty good, but there are a number of things. The pack needs the most work. While it doesn't look bad, it is not accurate, though it is a great effort! I would get Gordons cistern for sure. There are a few guys who sell Sonix radio faceplates. I sell the knob kits, but I think those guys have knob kits for their faces to.

Your belt is also too low, but that is an easy fix. And getting a pouch for the left shoulder to. And your hand guards look rigid, should be soft.

Anyway, looks pretty good, just need some changes :)

Good luck dude!!!!

Baron

I agree with all , You need to work on making the back pack more accurate, The weathering is great and you need to lift the belt up. Gordonator helped me with my back pack items and it worked out great for me. And I believe Baron could assist you with the knob kits. Other then that I hope to see you in the dunes soon.

Good Luck!

Thanks Guys! So first off, to address your concerns for the backpack. Yes I realize this pack is super inaccurate, you can say so without hurting my feelings. I bought this used off of another 501st member with the plan of using it as a temporary pack for submission pics and potentially damaging troops. The goal was to eventually get a Dirtyboy, but a couple of financial issues popped up and the money i was saving for his pack ended up being used on a plane ticket home :( So, don't worry. He will be replaced!

Baron, thank you for the detail ( and the message! ) I will work on those issues. The belt I never realized I was wearing low, that is an easy fix since I don't have it riveted in, I have a nice snug velcro rig in the straps that holds it extremely tight around my torso. I was just stupid and placing it too low ^_^

As for the shoulder pouch, I was aiming for Docking Bay 94v2 (Tuck and Roll) but he is one of the backpack-less, so i wasn't sure how that would work. And yeaaaaaaaaaah, i've been meaning to get the nice soft hand guards. Need to get around to that one of these days.

First of all, a great start!

As others already have mentioned, the backpack needs some more tlc.

The rest of the armor needs some minor detailing.

Like repositioning the right shoulder bell and making the ab and back plate more connected so that you don't see the gap and of course as also already mentioned fixing the belt so it looks more tight.

Plus adding the rivet detail to the ab plate.

Your boots are fine too, but the jodhpur boot or tk boot is preferred.

Anyway, all easy and minor fixes so we should be able to welcome you to the precinct soon! :salute:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ted,

I will start your review tomorrow. Like the others said the major challenge is the backpack. But we have some great guys here with the whole stuff you will need:-)

The second point is: take a close look to some parts of your armor (e.g. sniper knee plate, ammo knee belt, hand guards etc)....there are some adjustments necessary.

We read us tomorrow:-)

Cheers

Felice

Hey Ted!

thank you for submitting your application to be a PO in the MEPD!

You are on the right way but before I will start with your review i would like to ask you to post new submission pictures especially with your modifications.

You will find great example approval threads right here in the PO section or in the SWAT section.

For example....

Armor:

- 360° full body

- back side without the backpack

- some detail shots (ab rivets, belt (waist and knee), gloves and Hand guards, mandatory snaps and screws of the original strapping System (must be not functional), boots, neck seal... etc)

Helmet:

- 360°

- green lenses

Backpack

1-2 pictures

Weapon

1-2 pictures

Here are some notes to make it a little bit easier for you to start with your modification...I hope it helps;-)

backpack: we have two great guys here with all the parts you'll need

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=11201

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7924

Armor:

take a close look to:

- the new requirement to show the external Details of the original strapping System (must not be functional)

- close the gap between abdomen and back plate; probably between back and kidney too. The gaps seem to be too big

- it looks like that your knee ammo belt has two different end curves...?

If you have any questions Ted please feel free to ask :-)

We are here to help each other and to support every candidate.

Cheers bro

Felice